Clear All

Great.thread, great stories GarGuy

Comment

Following.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Dang, you must have been bored.
        LOL, I just made that up just like all these stories.
        Yep

And if you made them up, then make up some more. I am the only one in the office today and it is very boring

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          I bet the store owner wasn't to happy about that one! Almost too good to be true.

Garguy, in your experience, do you find that the bigger bucks move between 11-2 in the middle of the day?
          11am seems to be a secondary magic time in the sanctuaries but right after day break is great. They just got home and like to grab a snack before bed. I do see a lot of mature bucks mid afternoon though.

Comment

Ttt I wanna be like garguy when I grow up or docmay either one would be nice

Comment

These stories remind me of a few my uncle used to tell before he passed a few years ago. He was a dirt poor farmer that used to hunt around kennard and groveton when I was growing up. Every year he would bring home a giant east Texas buck from the dcnf and I was amazed at how such big deer would come out/around the national forest. He had been killing these big bucks every winter since the late 70's. Keep the stories up garguy I enjoy them!

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                These stories remind me of a few my uncle used to tell before he passed a few years ago. He was a dirt poor farmer that used to hunt around kennard and groveton when I was growing up. Every year he would bring home a giant east Texas buck from the dcnf and I was amazed at how such big deer would come out/around the national forest. He had been killing these big bucks every winter since the late 70's. Keep the stories up garguy I enjoy them!
                Well if that's the case, you can bet your butt I knew him. That's all the stories though. Im fresh out.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                  Ttt I wanna be like garguy when I grow up or docmay either one would be nice
                  You don't wanna be me...Im a po white child.

Comment

Well if that's the case, you can bet your butt I knew him. That's all the stories though. Im fresh out.
                    That's one story I can't believe

Comment

way too many racks in that pile for you to be out of stories so soon.
                      Last edited by AgHntr10; 08-19-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Garguy thanks for the stories! Can you give some tips on doing the deer drives? Ever done them with the shooters having only bows? If so any success?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          Garguy thanks for the stories! Can you give some tips on doing the deer drives? Ever done them with the shooters having only bows? If so any success?
                          I haven't participate in any since I went archery only. We always waited until the end of season when the deer had been pressured hard and then surrounded the thickets they holed up in.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            That's one story I can't believe
                            All these stories, while entertaining, were intended to shed light on hunting pressured deer and show how easily they can be patterned. Most people whine about nocturnal deer at their feeders and loose sight of the fact that the deer is SOMEWHERE in daylight. When you figure out where, he is the most patternable he will ever be although difficult to hunt.

If folks think these stories are manufactured, they have no educational value and thus add no value to the forum. No reason to waste my time writing them.

Comment

Great thread and stories. Thanks for sharing

Comment

All these stories, while entertaining, were intended to shed light on hunting pressured deer and show how easily they can be patterned. Most people whine about nocturnal deer at their feeders and loose sight of the fact that the deer is SOMEWHERE in daylight. When you figure out where, he is the most patternable he will ever be although difficult to hunt.

If folks think these stories are manufactured, they have no educational value and thus add no value to the forum. No reason to waste my time writing them.
                                GarGuy,
                                I'm sorry, I did not mean to hint that I didn't believe your stories of past hunts. That is definitely not the case. They certainly have had me on the edge of my seat and I've enjoyed learning from them. I think plenty of folks, myself included, learned several lessons on going after pressured bucks. Didn't mean to step on any toes with the last post- I really enjoy all your threads

Comment

Working...
                                X