Best on-line place for enlargements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best on-line place for enlargements?

Photo gurus - whats the best and quickest place to get enlargements on-line? Need to get a 16X20 done by Christmas. Thanks very much!

I use mpix.com - never had big enlargements done but they are very fast and the quality is great. They were recommended to me by a professional photographer.

Comment

Personally if I were going that size, I would use my local professional who does a great job, and if the enlargement is not right, they will work it until they get it right. An online enlarger is going to be risky since you can not inspect their work, and will get what may be okay to great.

Comment

I use mpix

Comment

I use Mpix for all my work.

Comment

I used Costco Photo Center and got 3 16X20 done for under $20. Ordered them online one night and picked them up at the store the next day. First time I had a digital photo enlarged so I don't have anything to reference the quality. I was really pleased with them and one even won a couple blue ribbons in an art contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonwood View Post
              Personally if I were going that size, I would use my local professional who does a great job, and if the enlargement is not right, they will work it until they get it right. An online enlarger is going to be risky since you can not inspect their work, and will get what may be okay to great.

I agree with this, when you get a print that big you need to make sure your pixel count is right, or else your picture can look grainy.

Comment

Hillary, what I liked about my local professional store/lab is that they showed me my image from the flash drive. Then said they could either lighten or darken because it was still in RAW. The tech looked at the image, and said there was nothing they needed to do to it. They gave me the time that it would be ready for viewing, and I arrived to an awesome enlargement that they did in 11x14 After inspection, the sale was complete of $9.99

Prior to going to Photo Video Plus here in Kalispell, I had gone to Staples Office Supply because of course the price of $1.99 for 8x10's, heck I thought such a deal.... NOT. After processing, the images had ink runs on the edges, and white marks across the images. I told the guy I wasn't happy with them at all, but they allowed me to purchase them for $4.00 as I wanted them to show people the kind of work you get on the cheap.

The difference is amazingly different between the two different places that I used.

When you have enlargements done, sure there are online production places. But if your enlargement comes back, not to your liking, then consider the time involved with having them refund your money and or re-doing your work until it looks right. The shop I use, is also owned by a professional photographer who does work for many of our local professionals, he knows what his clients are looking for when the end product hits their eyes, as well as those who will be purchasing these framed or canvas wrapped enlargements.

We see awesome shots here, by quality photographers who's work is outstanding. Don't let the price of enlargements cheapen your work.

Comment

Turn your pictures into museum quality canvas prints. RoyalCanvas has great specials, fast shipping, and excellent canvas printing quality.

I've got 2 prints- one from an offshore fishing trip & another from a ski trip- both are awesome. And affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
                    www.royalcanvas.com

I've got 2 prints- one from an offshore fishing trip & another from a ski trip- both are awesome. And affordable.
                    That is an awesome deal for wrap canvas printing with a no refund questions asked policy.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                      I use Mpix for all my work.
                      ditto on Mpix.

Comment

Working...
                      X