No announcement yet.

Venice La!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I don’t do Facebook I was really looking forward to getting into trout and reds but you can’t rule the fish I guess our trip isn’t till next weekend so maybe they will turn on

Comment

fishing is always good there. trout will be a little tougher to find.. not saying it can't be done but that place is THE spot for bull reds. good luck and let us know how it goes

Comment

We went a couple of weeks ago out of port sulphur and caught trout til our arms fell off, then went bowfishing that night and limited on reds and shot a pile of sheepshead. Love that place.

Comment

So close! Good luck.

Comment

You will love it. I suggest booking a bowfishing trip one night too if you have time. That was a blast.

Comment

Four days of fishing earlier this week. Sunday and Monday in Cocodrie. Two of us fishing. Sunday was to windy for trout so we went and got a limit of reds in the grass. Monday we limited on trout. Traveled to Venice on Monday afternoon and fished there Tuesday and Wednesday. 5 boats. 3 boats limited on reds both days. My boat and another were not quite as fortunate. It was actually pretty dang tough for our boat. Had 10 the first day and just 3 the second-yesterday. To be fair we only fished till about 10:30 yesterday as we had flights to catch out of NOLA and the other boats were having a rough go as well until the tide changed around noon and they all limited quickly then.

Comment

We had two boats on Monday...2 guys in one boat and 3 in the other. Both boats limited on reds by 9:45AM. I caught a 40+ incher and 1 about 34. We turned the 40+ back to the water. We also caught about 12 sheepshead in my boat. We caught another 13-14 after our limit in my boat that we turned back. We only caught 5-6 under keeper size. AND we were done fishing by 11AM because of storms in the area!! We had a heckuva time!! Only one boat that we saw caught any trout.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I'm sure the fishing will be good. We went in late March, but we fish for trout and reds all the time here so we opted for offshore instead. We'll be back in October chasing tuna again. My only recommendation is to try to squeeze in bowfishing.
                  I need to get back down there for Tuna. Only trip I ever caught fish that was worth more than the charter.

I bet the reds and specks will still be very active come July. Take skeeter juice.

Comment

Who is the best guide for reds down there? I want to plan a trip in September

Comment

They're all pretty good and the fishing is outstanding in that area this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post

I've fished with Billy at Venice Fishing Lodge a few times and planning a trip next year to take my son for the 1st time. The last 2 trips we literally went searching for more "keepers" to take back and could have easily hit 100 bull reds between 3 guys per day. Lodge is first class and the food is tremendous.

Comment

Originally posted by J-DUB View Post
                          We have been going with Paradise Plus Guide Service a handful of times now. Not a single bad thing to say. Absolutely great place. Great lodge, great food, and all the guides have been great especially with our kids. They KNOW what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                            I've fished with Billy at Venice Fishing Lodge a few times and planning a trip next year to take my son for the 1st time. The last 2 trips we literally went searching for more "keepers" to take back and could have easily hit 100 bull reds between 3 guys per day. Lodge is first class and the food is tremendous.
                            This is who we stayed with. Billy is a great guy. I'll second the food at Venice Fishing Lodge. Incredible eats.

Comment

Working...
                            X