Polaris, Love-Hate Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris, Love-Hate Relationship

I pulled this thing back into the water four times in less than an hour. Apparently I need to make some adjustments or throw it in the trash...

Anyone else fight this thing?

You might try shortening the hose length to make it impossible to get out of the pool. I understand this may mean that the cleaner won't reach the whole pool, but it shouldn't beong enough to exit the pool Also, make sure the backup valve is engaging and working properly. Sometimes if you put the backup valve closer to the cleaner itself it will have a harder time climbing the stairs. If you are going to shorten hose length, do it from the wall side first (that way if it doesn't work you can remove some hose length between the cleaner and backup valve and the back up valve will be closer to the cleaner).

It's the best pressure side cleaner on the market, but hard corners and beach entries give all cleaners trouble.

Let me know what happens.

Comment

Fight with mine almost daily.
      I do know they fly well...but the landing seems to be hard on em!

Comment

I have a beach entry also but it has never done that. Maybe my line is shorter. I love that little gadget!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Should have got the Kawasaki.....sorry wrong product

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shorten the hose so it won't pass the step. Then broom the entrance part.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
              Should have got the Kawasaki.....sorry wrong product

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
              Yep I agree I hear the new Kawasaki is way better LOL!

Comment

I have a similar sun deck. Mine works flawlessly. Never had mine fly on top of it. How deep is the sun deck?

Comment

That's pretty funny. My 360 will go to the surface but I have never seen it leave the pool. It is quite a sight to see that thing go to the top of the coping then make a hard turn and go back down....or even ride the edge of the coping/waterline.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    I have a beach entry also but it has never done that. Maybe my line is shorter. I love that little gadget!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                    There it is. No wall for the sensor to read so it walks out. Shorten the hose so it can't.

Comment

Originally posted by LowNslow View Post
                      You might try shortening the hose length to make it impossible to get out of the pool. I understand this may mean that the cleaner won't reach the whole pool, but it shouldn't beong enough to exit the pool Also, make sure the backup valve is engaging and working properly. Sometimes if you put the backup valve closer to the cleaner itself it will have a harder time climbing the stairs. If you are going to shorten hose length, do it from the wall side first (that way if it doesn't work you can remove some hose length between the cleaner and backup valve and the back up valve will be closer to the cleaner).

It's the best pressure side cleaner on the market, but hard corners and beach entries give all cleaners trouble.

Great info thanks! Any tips for stairs? That's where mine seems to get hung up. Or same concept?

Comment

Great tips, thanks for the input. I did notice a crack in the backup valve, I think this may be my problem as it just started doing this, previously it did it every now and then.

Originally posted by COWDOG View Post
                        I have a similar sun deck. Mine works flawlessly. Never had mine fly on top of it. How deep is the sun deck?
                        Knee deep to the end of the flag stone. Then two steps down to the bottom of the pool.

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                        There it is. No wall for the sensor to read so it walks out. Shorten the hose so it can't.
                        Sensor? You must have a different unit than I do!

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Great info thanks! Any tips for stairs? That's where mine seems to get hung up. Or same concept?
                          For stairs it's almost always the teeth on the wheel are worn down. New bearings, tires, and wheels and it should climb about anything (assuming it has good flow).

Op - cracked backup valve very very likely has something to do with it. You can buy just the casing for the valve (without the gears) for much cheaper, or just buy a new valve.

Good luck and happy swimming.

Comment

For stairs it's almost always the teeth on the wheel are worn down. New bearings, tires, and wheels and it should climb about anything (assuming it has good flow).

Op - cracked backup valve very very likely has something to do with it. You can buy just the casing for the valve (without the gears) for much cheaper, or just buy a new valve.

Good luck and happy swimming.
                            Thanks for the heads up! Location? I am sure some of us would reach out to you for service.

Comment

I have no idea what y'all are talking about. But it looks to me like rich people problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X