No announcement yet.

Aluminum Scooter Tower Boat Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have some serious skills, where did you learn to do all this? It's not the everyday person that can weld aluminum and it not crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
      Lots of progress made. At this rate we'll be seeing a stringer shot in a couple weeks?
      If I'm reading the op correct, he has already built it and is using it for that matter. Just giving us a play by play of the process.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

You sir..... have mad mad skillzzzz!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
          If I'm reading the op correct, he has already built it and is using it for that matter. Just giving us a play by play of the process.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
          Correct. I didn’t know how long it would take me to finish it completely so I decided not to post as a built because it took several months.

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
            Paint work on the tower and seams of the boat that are not going to get covered by the decking and vinyl wrap. I used the at home spray on bed liner. We will see how long that last! But couldn't pay the 400 to 500 bucks they wanted to spray the tower.

Which “at home liner” and what was your prep process? Buddy and I were just discussing various preps and results on this a couple days ago.

Can’t wait to see final result!

Comment

Like what I see in the lifted Chevy in the background also!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We need more progress reports!!!!!

Comment

Fascinated with this build. Keep checking back in to see the finished product....

Comment

I got the rigging all finished and used a material called Hydroturf for the deck. This before I did the wrap on the sides and back.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Meet my goal of floating in less than 6" rigged out!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely beautiful build sir! Ive thought ive seen some good welds up until i opened this thread. I would kill for half of your talent congrats on an awesome boat

Comment

Originally posted by MeatEater View Post
                          Meet my goal of floating in less than 6" rigged out!

Making me miss my little Dargel Skooter. I love little flats boats. I wish I had your skills at welding I want one very similar to this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Built a compression plate for the motor and applied the wrap. I am not 100% in love with the wrap and will prob change it in a few months. The only thing left is to add the seat cushions and a back rest cushion.
                            Attached Files

Comment

mighty fine work ! How stable is it driving up top? need a video...

Comment

I am looking at hydro turf to replace the old carpet in mine. Is that the gator camo?

Comment

Working...
                                X