X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Nice wolf! Congrats!

Comment

Live Alaska Black Bear hunt via Sat phone

Couldn’t get it done with the bow. The shot just never materialized. Had lots of stalks, but just couldn’t close the deal on one that I was happy with. We covered probably a couple 100 miles in an open 17 ft skiff over the hunt. Traveling at 5 knots, 12 hrs per day. Sightings got super slow yesterday and so we ditched the skiff around 11 am, right after target practice, and probably hike another 10 miles up and down salmon inlets (no salmon yet but good grass). After connecting with the wolf, started the skiff back toward the boat and we spot the bear that slipped us with the goose alarm, almost in the same place! Wind is good, we repeat stalk. I knock an arrow at 120 yards, wind is favorable, but we run out of cover at 80 yards. There’s about 30 yards of rocky beach and grass between water and tree line. Bears only 15 ft from tree line and slowly feeding in that direction. There’s just open grass between us and him. No move to make. I know it’s the last day of the hunt due to incoming storm, I call for my rifle, and that’s a wrap. He’s a toad with perfect hair. Would have made P&Y easily. Biggest one so far this season for my guide,

The beach I killed him on

Killed him about 9:30 pm and we got caught at low tide with little light. Would have had to drag a 300 pound bear over rocks to the skiff. So, we slid him under some logs, covered him with our jackets, sticks, branches, then peed around it. Came back at 4 :30 am high tide and rode the skiff almost right up to him. Took some pics and it’s all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Rcole1310; 05-20-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Congrats on a awesome looking bear

Comment

Very nice, congrats !!

Comment

Congrats on a really good day!!

Comment

Freaking awesome!! Congrats on to outstanding trophies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So. ****ing. Awesome.

Comment

Congrats on the bear and the wolf. Did you get the wolf with your bow?

Comment

Heck of an adventure, congrats !

Comment

Congratulations ! Dream of mine for sure!

Comment

Well done! Thanks for bringing us along! Curious as to what you will be doing with the trophies -- rugs or life size mounts?

Comment

Well done!! Sounds like a GREAT trip and really appreciate you taking the time and effort to take us along with you!

Comment

What an incredible experience. A bear and a wolf! Big congrats!

Comment

Congrats! I am super jealous. I bet that was a stressful few hours waiting for high tide.

Comment

Congrats!!!! Looks and reads like an awesome adventure!

Comment

Working...
                                X