No announcement yet.

Trespasser help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful with the Vets, especially Purple Heart guys, the ones I know with those plates don't play around, both have mental issues. Glad you located him, good luck getting resolution.

Comment

This thread has pulled me in...

OP.... here is my thought on how an alternative strategy might work. I’m being serious. What we know now is the following: 1) he was on your land and 2) he turned off game cameras and snooped around (which enables us to fairly accurately conclude his intentions were not good), 3) you now know who he is 4) he lives very close to you. We can also assume that he does not know you have a picture of his truck and he has no idea that he was “caught” (unless he is on TBH). Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.

Instead of solving this issue head-on “bear style” take it from the side a la “fox mode”. Just a thought. We won’t take your man card if you go this route.

And this is not implying that you do nothing . Keep the game cameras up and if he comes back then at that point you have leverage with the sheriff to get involved immediately .

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
        Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.
        I completely agree. If you screw this up you will worry about the safety of your family forever. These are the kind of people whose family members retaliate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          In for the outcome. I'll chip in for bail money.
          X2

Comment

Some good advice. I'll keep y'all posted. Making a phone call shortly to discuss with Sgt.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              This thread has pulled me in...

OP.... here is my thought on how an alternative strategy might work. I’m being serious. What we know now is the following: 1) he was on your land and 2) he turned off game cameras and snooped around (which enables us to fairly accurately conclude his intentions were not good), 3) you now know who he is 4) he lives very close to you. We can also assume that he does not know you have a picture of his truck and he has no idea that he was “caught” (unless he is on TBH). Might it be a better strategy to take your dossier to the sheriff and explain to the sheriff that you aren’t happy with the situation but for now hold back on the personal confrontation. With the information you have on this guy you currently have the upper hand. Going to war with a nearby dirtbag neighbor is never the best idea . If the trespasser is the kind of person we think he is your personal confrontation is essentially a declaration of war.

Instead of solving this issue head-on “bear style” take it from the side a la “fox mode”. Just a thought. We won’t take your man card if you go this route.

And this is not implying that you do nothing . Keep the game cameras up and if he comes back then at that point you have leverage with the sheriff to get involved immediately .
              Originally posted by 35remington View Post
              I completely agree. If you screw this up you will worry about the safety of your family forever. These are the kind of people whose family members retaliate.
              Completely agree as well. Without going into very specific details, I have experience with this sort of thing. And it involved two veterans who are thugs. They caused all kinds of trouble and even with me involving Several members of LE to help, it didn’t stop the progression of events. It turned very, very ugly and I was never the aggressor.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                It literally states in the penal code "Property of another"

Sec. 30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:

(1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or

(2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.

(b) For purposes of this section:

(1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.

(2) "Notice" means:

(A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;

(B) fencing or other enclosure obviously designed to exclude intruders or to contain livestock;

(C) a sign or signs posted on the property or at the entrance to the building, reasonably likely to come to the attention of intruders, indicating that entry is forbidden;
                Good detective work there, but on another note... Am I the only one that couldn't read the red here? First it started with blue neon signs and now this. I must be getting old. Not in my 60's, driving around others property, veteran old though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
                  Good detective work there, but on another note... Am I the only one that couldn't read the red here? First it started with blue neon signs and now this. I must be getting old. Not in my 60's, driving around others property, veteran old though.
                  I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

The way I see it, since you've made it pubic knowledge you are probably better off to get the sheriff involved now. Bad thing is, nowadays they don't do much. Once you tell them of your intentions to confront the guy, they will probably tell you not to take matters into your hand and to let them handle it. Then after 6 months of calling the sheriff assigned to the case and getting no satisfaction, you'll just give up. At least that's how they work here in Brazoria county.

Comment

He’ll be warned for criminal trespass is my guess and that if he does it again he will
                      Be arrested for it. Hope it turns out ok for you.

Another thing. He has red and blue lights on his truck. That in itself is illegal. His truck isn’t an emergency vehicle. (Just a side note)

Comment

Ive just been reading.

But I felt like adding today. I set a camera on one of our gates at the end of January at the request of my dad. He wanted to see if the oil field guys were using the road when it was wet even though they assured us they weren't. Month later I pull the camera and got a entire crew of trucks coming and going.

They opened the gate once and never closed it.

That is what set me off. I was able to read the plates and the company logo on the trucks. I emailed the 'contact us' on the company website and gave great detail of the trucks, equipment and the drivers. I included my name and phone number along with pops. Within about 3 minutes of hitting send my phone rang. The HDIC charge called me and we had about a 30 minute conversation. He asked if there were any ruts that needed to be fixed and apologized for his crew. He saved my number and I saved his.

There was no screaming and hollering and he assured me it wouldn't happen again as a business owner and fellow landowner.

I was happy with the outcome.

Comment

I'm fairly new to TBH, but ****, this thread sure is interesting!
                          FWIW: I'd be taking a totally different approach considering the close proximity to your home, and family...... Trying not to kick a potential hornets nest, you can always approach the guy, introduce yourself and explain that your camera's picked him up on your property on this date, at this time etc. etc. - this will confirm that you have proof and not just BS'ing the situation. Take a card with your name and phone number and explain that if he needs access to your property again, you'd appreciate a call as a heads up first. By taking this approach you're letting him know you have surveillance on your property, you know he was there, and he now know's you are "watching".

I completely understand your frustration, and I know I'd be ****** about someone trespassing on my property too, but the fact it's a 'neighbor' would change my approach - I like to sleep at night, and not fear for my family's well being when I'm not present.

Anyway, good luck, and lets hope cooler heads prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            I have no idea what you are talking about.
                            I see what you did there. I think...

Comment

Don't listen to these guys, go get suited up with some brass knuckles just in case and let's do thissssssss

Charge!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                Don't listen to these guys, go get suited up with some brass knuckles just in case and let's do thissssssss

Charge!!!!
                                I already got the taste of blood, there's no going back now.

We wont give pause until the blood is flowing.

Comment

Working...
                                X