Fleas in truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fleas in truck

My wife went into an old storage building yesterday. When she got into my truck, she noticed that she had fleas on her leg and on her pants. Now fleas are in my truck. Got in it this morning and they jumped all over my legs. Any ideas how to get rid of them in the truck? Dont need flea infestation in my truck carpet. Help!!

Toss the neighbor’s cat inside for an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bomb it!

Comment

Bug bomb!

Comment

I have bug bombed my truck before.

Comment

Virbac makes a perimeter spray called knockout that works really well with things like that. We carry it at our clinic but you should be able to pick it up online as well.

Comment

Fire.

Comment

Going to agree. I work more or less in the real estate sector. We had a couple houses that were INFESTED with fleas. Almost to plague proportions. Used the Fogger style bug bombs a few times and it did great. I don't see why it would not work for your truck.
                I would make sure you do not need to be in it for a while and leave the windows up. Also just as a help. You can also use Diatomaceous Earth in the carpet of your vehicle which will somewhat slow the suckers down.

Comment

Wont that bug bomb make the truck smell like "bug bomb"? and everyone in it smell like bug bomb? Just wondering.

Comment

You don't need to bug bomb it.

Spray upholstery designed poison in the carpet and at the base of the seats. A few things working for you here...

1. Fleas need to eat. They'll die fairly quickly stuck in your truck.
                    2. Fleas move around all over the place. That poison is deadly effective if they cross over or through it. It's almost impossible for a flea contained in that area to not stumble into it.

You can also buy the organic powder (smells like oranges) or spray and just distribute it around the vehicle.

They die very quickly. If you leave your truck in the sun with the windows up, that's probably enough to kill them too.

Comment

Park it in the sun. Fleas dessicate. No poison in your truck and its free.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                        You don't need to bug bomb it.

Spray upholstery designed poison in the carpet and at the base of the seats. A few things working for you here...

1. Fleas need to eat. They'll die fairly quickly stuck in your truck.
                        2. Fleas move around all over the place. That poison is deadly effective if they cross over or through it. It's almost impossible for a flea contained in that area to not stumble into it.

You can also buy the organic powder (smells like oranges) or spray and just distribute it around the vehicle.

They die very quickly. If you leave your truck in the sun with the windows up, that's probably enough to kill them too.
                        Yep, all day in the sun with windows up will kill just about any bug in the vehicle.

Comment

well, it'll be in the sun ALL day today while im at work. windows up. hotter than hades.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            Park it in the sun. Fleas dessicate. No poison in your truck and its free.
                            I have hauled many javalina and hogs in my ranch suburban, when infested with
                            Fleas , roll up the windows and bake em in the sun
                            On 80’ day a car can reach 170+ inside in direct sunlight with windows up
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-16-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]908290[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                              X