Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Houston Astros season thread, Repeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
    Who is going to be our closer? Is anyone else concerned about Giles?

Not really. Giles was nails last year in the regular season. Almost all relievers across the board struggled in the playoffs. By the time playoffs get here they will have a plethora of other guys out there to help close out if needed like last year. Forest Whitley will be in that bullpen in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
      Not really. Giles was nails last year in the regular season. Almost all relievers across the board struggled in the playoffs. By the time playoffs get here they will have a plethora of other guys out there to help close out if needed like last year. Forest Whitley will be in that bullpen in the playoffs.

I totally agree with this take. You need closers in the regular season also. Close games vs the Angels, WhiteSox, Rays, Rangers of the world.
      Tell me this how did Chapman, Kimbrel, Jensen fair in the playoffs vs the Astros?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Owens View Post
        I totally agree with this take. You need closers in the regular season also. Close games vs the Angels, WhiteSox, Rays, Rangers of the world.

Tell me this how did Chapman, Kimbrel, Jensen fair in the playoffs vs the Astros?

Astros smashed on them when they needed to. I remember the broadcasters were in shock when we scored runs off Kimbrel and Jensen.

Comment

I would feel a lot better about Giles if he would have had a 1-2-3 inning. My problem with him is that he always gets a runner or 2 on base. Makes me nervous. Most of the time he is able to finish.

I think batters are able to track his fastball fairly well because it seems to have little movement. They are able to sit on it and drive that pitch really well. Just my opinion.

Comment

Baseball season is the best.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              Baseball season is the best.
              You sho right

Comment

Comment

Let's get it on!

Comment

Reddick’s swing looks like it did last post season....

Comment

Go ‘Stros!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ugly Tonight

Comment

We suck! Rebuild!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
                            I would feel a lot better about Giles if he would have had a 1-2-3 inning. My problem with him is that he always gets a runner or 2 on base. Makes me nervous. Most of the time he is able to finish.

I think batters are able to track his fastball fairly well because it seems to have little movement. They are able to sit on it and drive that pitch really well. Just my opinion.
                            Yes sir.

Comment

That sucked. Get em tomorrow

Comment

Why can't games be aired on both FSSW and ATT? I can't stand those announcers for that team up North. I also thought it was funny when the Fox reporter asked Joey Gallo if he had any idea how fast the ball came off his bat in the 7th innning. He said. "I don't care" LOL. Stupid question, but he was kinda rude to her about it. She should ask him the same question again at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X