No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arvin you know that there is nobody as old as you. Nice bears Shiloh.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      That is a big ol steamin pile of BS right there.

I can't imagine it would take very long to check a bear and tag it/give you documentation

You can bet I would be emailing her supervisor and letting him know what I thought about that situation
      Honestly sir, I was so shocked at the fact that she told us no, I didn't even think about getting her name or I can promise I would be sending multiple letters out.
      Also, had the warden showed up originally as he'd said he would, it would have made the whole situation much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
        Congrats Shiloh . That is some beautiful country I hunted there for years. I went back to unit 81 in Colorado this last summer only to see the powder post beatals had destroyed miles of the forest north of there. Yes chasing those dogs at 9000 ft Ain't all it's cracked up to be. Wait about twenty years and try it again. Arvin
        It's definitely some beautiful country up there no doubt. The chasing wasn't the hard part, it was the packing out that was the killer!!

Comment

Well after a week away, I'm back at it this evening. Got out a lil later than planned but swung into a place I have that's on the way home from work. Just hunted once in the miserable heat last weekend against better judgement with no luck. Hoping to log some time in the tree this weekend!
          We have front coming thru tomorrow night with a good chance of rain ending around 8 or 9 Sunday morning. Hopefully something reads the script and comes in!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And right outa the gate I have seen my first deer for the year!

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Deer meat cooked in bear grease. Mmmm. . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

And here come the pigs

Comment

Bacon fat works too.

Comment

Well, they came in grunting and ran the deer off. It's a pair of calicoes that I've got tons of pics of. One is a giant sow and the other looks to be a big sow as well which gives me
                      More incentive to kill!!

The bigger of the two circles around in the brush just out of range checking the wind and grunting the whole time. The other came in range once and in may have had a shot opportunity at it but I was really focusing on the big sow because she was so nervous. They never committed and scurried off further into the timber to another pecan tree.

Comment

Kinda got wild. I heard some leafs rustle and got to looking and spotted a coyote so I stood up and started squeaking. He came into about 23 yards and all I had was a shot from his shoulder forward through some heavy hardwood, so basically what I'd call a "poke and hope" shot. I couldn't not try it so i rared back and let one fly. I'll just say it's go big to be fun pulling that grizzly head outa that tree I'm afraid.... [emoji16]

About 5 minutes later, I head something from the direction the pigs had went, and sure enough here comes a nice boar. He skirted the edge of the timer just out of range, then circled back into it about 20 yards out. I had to do some maneuvers to get my bow in a place where I could shoot it without hitting a limb, but was able to do so just as he hit a small opening. I grunted to stop him and had a couple leaves that were just perfect aiming points right in the pocket and I let the arrow fly. It was a bit dark but the arrow went right where I was looking and the pig groaned really loud and bolted away a few yards before slowly to a walk. I never heard him fall for sure, but he went I. The direction I walk out on so we shall see how good the shot actually was.

Comment

Hoping for LDPs.

Comment

Well, couple does showed up after the shot so I had to wait till after dark to sneak out. The grizzly that missed the yote buried pretty deep so I'll have take some tools to get it out.

All I had for a light was my phone, but I stumbled around and found my arrow. Really strange looking as the top third had lots of blood and the bottom 2/3s was dry with several patches of mud on it. Going to go look for a bit in the morning when I go retrieve my broadhead.

Comment

Hope you got him

Good luck on recovery and have fun digging broadhead out of that tree

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Hope you got him

Good luck on recovery and have fun digging broadhead out of that tree

Yea, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to end up cutting the whole dang tree down!

Back in the blind this morning. Moved to the back part of the place along a pasture road between bedding areas. Most pics are at night but a few other morning stragglers roll thru. I've got one buck over here I really wanna see up close and in person. Dropped off the wife on the way in at another spot a few hundred yards away. Hopefully she'll have some action.

Comment

Working...
                                X