Camera suggestion for wildlife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera suggestion for wildlife

Ive been seeing some nice bachelor groups of bucks in the evening while checking cattle & am interested in suggestions for beginner setups. Is it possible to get some decent photos with animals 200 yards out and stay below $1k with used equipment? Any brick & mortar stores in the DFW area that you would suggest?

1k is a tough budget for a wildlife camera but it can be done if you have a little more flexibility about that.

A used Tamron 150-600 G1 should run you around $6-700, a used Canon 5DMkIII or one of their APS-C sensor bodies (which will give you a 225-900mm equivalent with a 150-600) would be a good option and keep you fairly close to $1000

You're gonna want to get closer than 200 yards with any lens to fill the frame though.

Comment

Tough to get anything really good at 200+ yards with any lens other than something that is very expensive. That said, for that price range and shooting wildlife, I'd maybe try to find a Canon 7D or 7D mark II used, and then pair it with either a 100-400 lens or a 150-600 from either Tamron or Sigma.

Comment

Not professional quality but you can get some decent to very good pics with a Nikon coolpix p900... I purchased one a couple of years ago and it has done great for my needs. I got mine at a Best Buy and was able to demo it prior to purchasing it.

Comment

Great information shared with us most persons find a fabulous place where they spend their time with joy, but that place info get them holiday going to be ended.

Comment

Even a simple setup can cost you over $1k. It's not about the camera but the lens. They are **** expensive.

Comment

I have the Canon 7d mark iii with the tamrom 150-600. it does good, but you could add a doubler, but would need a lot of light to make it work...

Comment

Working...
              X