DFW Storm and Insurance Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
    I have been through a couple of storms with home damage. I have a roofer I trust and had him there with the adjuster for the inspection of the damage. That way they are on the same page. I used Quick roofing, Chad Quick is a good guy.

Just find a good roofer that knows his stuff and let him deal with the adjuster and give you a quality job. Most good roofing companies can help you with other trades for a smoother job (windows, gutters).

Hope this helps.
    I agree with William, it probably also helps Chad Quick married my sister...lmao Go with Quick Roofing...

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
      My girl friend lives at Elan City Lights and her building collapsed. She has no clue when she will see insurance money for her car but her apartment unit is on the opposite side that was hit by the crane so everything inside is fine.
      God bless her! I know they just basically evicted everyone. Again can't believe just one death.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Secrest View Post
        Unless the damage is unbearable... wait until after all the summer storms before you make a claim. You could possibly be hit again and wouldn’t want to make 2 claims
        I would go ahead and make the claim. But I might wait until August/Sept to get the repairs completed. Don't wait too long though. You want it to be fairly warm when they replace the roof....so the shingles get a good seal before winter.

Comment

Got a phone call from Allstate who said they got "everything" approved for $14,600. this is a roof for 3,200 sf two story house. i almost laughed out loud but was able to hold it in. Neighbor had $49K approved. i'm still waiting on the claim details in writing.

i still haven't talked to a decision maker at allstate. they send out someone to take pictures and a desk adjuster writes up the claim. it took 6 days between inspection and claim which is ridiculous. Lots of work left to do.

Comment

6 days? Ha! I have customers who had to wait 2 weeks for an adjuster and another 7-10 to obtain the claim.

A roofer isn’t “negotiating” with the insurance company, at least not a reputable one. They are working to ensure all the components needed to properly re-roof your house are included in the claim. I have seen claims that measured the WRONG roof or failed to include necessary components like high profile ridge.

I can’t speak for other roofing companies, but my price is the same whether your claim total is $1000 or $100,000, and it’s the same whether the money comes from your or Allstate.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Got a phone call from Allstate who said they got "everything" approved for $14,600. this is a roof for 3,200 sf two story house. i almost laughed out loud but was able to hold it in. Neighbor had $49K approved. i'm still waiting on the claim details in writing.

i still haven't talked to a decision maker at allstate. they send out someone to take pictures and a desk adjuster writes up the claim. it took 6 days between inspection and claim which is ridiculous. Lots of work left to do.
              Ours came out the same way. Sometimes it’s better to work with a roofer if you have one in mind or one you trust. They can act as a middle man and may actually be able to improve your claim and the quality of roof.

Comment

Working...
              X