Heads up: iPhone 7 Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up: iPhone 7 Upgrade

Just a little heads up in case anyone is interested.

I upgraded from the 6+ to a 7+ and was offered an iPad mini for $50. Normally $400 or so I think. Had to pay $45 activation fee and the 1 GB plan with overage charges is $10 per month. I know that's not hardly any data, but I went for it anyway since I will be using it at home 99% of the time with wifi.

Like I said, just a heads up as I hadn't heard anything about the promotional offer before I visited my att store.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were offered the same thing when we got our son his new phone a couple of weeks ago. Sounded like a good deal, but my wife has a newer iPad and I have an Android tablet, and we just couldn't see where we needed it.

Comment

we did it last year. Really can't wait to get that off of our bill. It wasn't a bad deal. But the we probably could have gone out and bought the ipad cheaper than what it ended up costing us over the 24 month period with the activation fee and taxes.

Comment

How long do you have to pay that $10/month?

Comment

Those companies don't ever loose, they give you something cheap but in the long run u end up stuck with a bill and end up paying for the item and then some.

Comment

Could you get the Ipad WITHOUT any plan... Then i'm in.. i'd use that bad boy just to look at game cam pics.... I'm going tomorrow to upgrade so this is a good heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              24 months. Is what we signed up for. They gave us the IPAD mini for $0. I'm not under contract on my phones. But thought about switching everything up and was told that I would have to have the min data plan that was offered for the ipad for the remainder of the 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                2 years is what they told me back in October when I upgraded. Nothing is free, especially not from the phone companies!

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
                  24 months. Is what we signed up for. They gave us the IPAD mini for $0. I'm not under contract on my phones. But thought about switching everything up and was told that I would have to have the min data plan that was offered for the ipad for the remainder of the 24 months.
                  If that's an iPad mini 4 that's still really good. We bought a mini 2 for my daughter to save money and with the sales found the 32gb for $199 I believe that's over now though.

Comment

Yeah they are getting more of my money, but I'm not too concerned about $10 or so a month. I get a corporate discount off my bill as it is so I'm still paying less than most I assume. I guess when I get my first bill with the added charges, I'll see how bad they ran it up my rear. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X