filming my own hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

filming my own hunts

i am new to here, but do any of yall have any suggestions for filming my own hunts? such as tripods etc.., cameras that would be good quality for filming hunts?

Nothin to it really. Put your camera on a tri pod. Focus it on a spot. When something walks on screen turn and kill it

Comment

i figured it was that simple. thanks though

Comment

That really is all there is to it.
        I hand corn a spot, focus my camera on it. If something comes thru, I watch and wait until it gets on screen. Check and make sure everything looks good then shoot
        It has worked many times.
        Really

Check this out. http://buffsblackwidow.com/videos.htm

Comment

thank you, i am gonna try to get a camera and film my buddy and i pig huntin on my lease, wish i got the zebra in the pic of film but he wasnt to camera friendly and moved where only i could see him and not the camera. thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Please use a tri pod. You think you are steady but when you edit the video you will find you were not

Comment

definitely, I have tried watching my dads videos without one.... not good

Comment

I'm not a professional, but enjoy filming my hunts. Here are some of the things I use.

Camcorder
                - Always have extra batteries and memory cards
                - I also have a wide angle and telephoto lense
                - I use a Cannon directional mic. Anyone will tell you audio makes the video.
                - One thing I wish this camera had was a LANC input so I could use LANC Remote for hands-free filming

Before this season I will be adding a couple more tools to the arsenal.

GoPro Hero so I can have another view
                A Mid-level tree arm

For editing I use iMovie that comes with the Mac, but if you are using a PC you could try Movie Maker. I've never used Movie Maker, so not sure how good it is. Maybe someone else could chime in.

Good luck!
                Last edited by down2hunt; 06-30-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

i second the GoPro Hero...we used to film racecars and burnouts when we went racing in my car club

Comment

Go Pro hero is ok, but I didn't like it that much. No zoom capability and not really that good for filming bow hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloMed1 View Post
                      Go Pro hero is ok, but I didn't like it that much. No zoom capability and not really that good for filming bow hunts.
                      I think as a second camera it can add something to your video, but I wouldn't use it as your primary camera.

Comment

I agree 100% with down2hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HeloMed1 View Post
                          I agree 100% with down2hunt.
                          X2 I agree i have been thinking about getting one of these for catching those moments in the blind right before the shot takes place

Comment

I video for myself everyhunt. I have had a lot of success with the following.

I use a Canon GL2 it is a high quality camera and you can get them for a good price. Be sure to us the manual tools as well as the custom present keys to improve quality.

You dont have to just set the camera on a corn pile and film. Use either a good fluid head tripod or a good camera arm and video the animal as it comes in. When the animal presents the shot frame slightly wider than you normaly would and take the shot. I do agree having some golden nuggets on the ground makes this easier as the animal will stay in the same area longer.

Other things to invest in for good quality, you can get these all for under a couple hundred bucks.

A good camera led light for night time recoveries.

A good shotgun mic with windscreen or a cordless lapel mic to pick up your wispers.

At least two extra batteries.

Extra Tapes.

Good luck and good filming.

Comment

Go to the merchandise page and order you a copy of "It's All About The Video"!

Comment

Working...
                              X