Bow Blind Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    I've used military type netting on my blinds after I wrap them in black plastic. I'm considering dumping the plastic though and using the cheapest indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's. It's black on the bottom ( inside ) and either green or brown on top ( outside ). Any ideas as to why this wouldn't work ?

Nice job on the blind BTW !
    For years and years, we used old residential carpet that we would pulled out of dumpsters. I imagine outdoor carpet would work well.

I assume you would only use the outdoor carpet without the black plastic. Out of curiosity, are there any issues with using black plastic?

My plan for finishing up the Quad Pod was to first wrap in plastic and then cover with the camo netting.

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

that will get it done!

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
          Thanks Leddy for the great idea. I couldn't help but copy your design.

Instead of plywood, I found a 4' x 8' sheet of Coroplast at Home Depot for $15, which is basically cardboard made from plastic. Like your project, we used the plastic sheet to fill in the back top, as well as the front bottom portion. The Coroplast cuts easily with a good knife, is very light, and will not rot. Home Depot only had the sheets in white so we're hitting them with black spray paint.

I also found a couple of inexpensive door mats that are 3' x 5'. Since the platform is 5' x 5', we overlapped the mats and cut a square for the seat base.

We plan to finish it up this week and take her to the ranch this week.

Any updated or finished pics?

Comment

Not yet, but I will...I hope to set up everything on Monday.

Comment

Love a good DIY son!

Comment

Will be borrowing this idea. My son will be bow hunting for the first time next season. Will be good for him. Heck I might make money for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                  I'm curious to hear what Leddy used. I found some decent camo at Academy today that wasn't too expensive.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/camo...ildCatid=29412
                  I bought it from Academy for $15/package and used 6. The base layer is basically camo burlap, then covered that with the leafy camo wrap. Takes 2 to get over bonnet and 1 around front.

Comment

Also where the supports cross we tied together with wire as they will hit together and make some noise.

Comment

Zippie ties are one of the best inventions ever

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

I like it. Better than ground blinds.

Comment

That's pretty cool sir. I like it.

Comment

We finished up our rendition this today. Like some of you suggested, we first wrapped the cattle panel sides and roof with black plastic.

The thickest plastic we could find was only 3mm so we added a brown tarp over the roof. We then wrapped the whole thing with poly-ethylene camo we found at Academy.

I added a door on the back side that is hung from a piece of 1-inch PVC pipe and that is attached to the padded rail with a couple of hose clamps.

I am glad I had my son and his buddy along when it came to time to insert the legs and lift the stand. Its not too heavy, but its awkward.

I have to say that I am very happy with the quality of this Game Winner blind. The directions were clear, and every part, nut, and bolt was labeled correctly. And everything fit together as it should.

In the last photo my son and his buddy are sitting in the blind...and they're fairly well concealed in the darkness.

Thanks again to Leddy for the idea and I apologize for hijacking your thread.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oh, wow! I like it - a LOT. Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Working...
                                X