No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work at a sausage plant, so I usually just get it from work. If you go to any butcher store that makes sausage they will sell it to you.

Or you can get it online from places like LEM.com

Comment

Looks good, Gotta try these. Thanks!

Comment

hey travis

Can jalapeno cheese sausauge be made without usung a hi temp cheese? I know most will deslove but I don't care much for the chunks of cheese is sausage but like the flavor of it. I'd rather prefer the flavor of velveeta but I know I will have to use a lot to get any flavor. Per 30lbs of pure wild pork, how many blocks would you recommend? Also on the jalapenos I don't want too much heat. I will of course deseed and demembrane. How long would you recommend soaking in water? How many per 30lbs? I would like a little flavor but only want a little spice. Thanks ahead of time for responding.

Comment

about 1# of cheese per 10# of meat.

If you just want flavor I'd use jalapeno powder. or one or two diced really fine. I wouldnt soak them you're washing away flavor

Comment

man that sounds good!!

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the info Travis. I was wondering what the best way to do the cheese would be. Last time we ran the high temp stuff though the grinder.....what a mess. This time I wanted to cube it up real small and mix with seasonongs but I bet that will be hard to do with velveeta. I know it will cube easier if its almost frozen and not stickgether AS bad. Wish I could just freeze and run it through a french fry press but I think that would be a big mess. Any ideas on a good way to cube that stuff?

I was thinking 3 or 4 jalapenos per 10 lb batch depending on how big they were. Was just going to put them in a little hand chopper. Does this sound like too much or too little?

Thanks again for the help with this.

Comment

Freeze it and run it through your grinder with a chili plate. Then mix it in.

Pepper sounds about right.

Comment

hmmm....

Travis, I froze it for a test run and its still soft and sticks to the knife when i try to cut it. Im thinking this will be a mess to run through the grinder. Have you used it before like this? Any other tips?

Comment

Jeremy,

I've never been successful at using velveeta. Get a colby/longhorn/ or a mild cheddar and go with that. It will hold up much much better.

Comment

no

Comment

Well no to you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Travis, I notice that your recipes call for "cure". Aren't there different kinds of cure, line prague powder and #1 Cure, # 2 Cure. What do you use?

Comment

prague powder is what I use. My formulas call for 93.75% salt 6.25 nitrite formulation.

Comment

this is awesome, thanks for sharing

Comment

Ive got what is probably a stupid question but on the spread sheet it has pounds and ounces and I was wondering what to use to measure the spice ? Do I use a scale or do I use measureing spoons? Ive just got alot of my sausage stuff in and im geting ready to make a batch. Thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
                                X