GRXH 2017 Recap - BEER RUN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
    I stayed plenty full. I shot my first hog and was giving time so I went down to the trail and found blood and tracked it. At the end I found Sneaky and Archer23 with a hog that was shot up the butt and was relieved. Even if I didn't find mine I was still gonna eat. Followed blood on mine and it went to the private land. Thirty minutes later I shot a fast running big sow right in the shoulder bone. 300 yards later decided didn't get good penatration. Oh well still got to eat.
    Want to apologize for my lack of social skills. I live way out in the country and don't get to meet new people. I went to this hunt not knowing anyone and I had a good time. Navychief, thanks for the crappie spot. Paycheck, thanks for the gracious welcoming. Rat, awesome cooking sir. B Destroyer, holler at me for some wood ducks. Sneaky, thanks for bringing that Shiner. I left a ridge reaper blind chair there so if anyone picked it up, consider it a gift.

Is that the chair that folds up sideways kind of weird? I have that one and another chair also

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      Briar Friar split the last piece of fried fish with me when I was withering away of starvation. He is a true first class Granger Ranger.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Thank you J. I had to force you to take it... I was in your place last year when Richard came to my rescue with one of the last hunks of hog midday Saturday. I wish I got to hunt with you directly....for sure next year. Youre kinda like a ghost ...Id look for you then you'd disappear then materialize outta nowhere...."is this MFer real?"
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 02-21-2017, 12:37 PM. Reason: ShareSpake

Comment

Did the banner survive for another year?...I know it got Sneaky mushroom stamped...but did it get Pepper-rallied? I thought for sure it would after I left him that handle of Dewars.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Did the banner survive for another year?...I know it got Sneaky mushroom stamped...but did it get Pepper-rallied? I thought for sure it would after I left him that handle of Dewars.
          I saw it being folded up and carried away with due reverence... should still be around

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Yep, she'll make it back for sure. I'm going to make a tube for it so we can roll and store it; maybe last longer that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Yep, she'll make it back for sure. I'm going to make a tube for it so we can roll and store it; maybe last longer that way.
              Kick ***!

Comment

This hunt is one of the top two hunts of my year. There are a few things I will remember for a while.

Shane, Brandon, and Hector...Wow. I never knew.
                I had a hog run right up behind me and I thought it was Jspradley so I just started talking to it and didn't turn around.
                I missed hogs for 5 years with a stick bow and got one the first year with a compound.
                Briar Friar sent me a squirrel and Jspradley sent me a hog.

Probably the number one thing I will remember or at least repeat is that Rat said I could turn my patch over now. Well that and maybe Hector's stories.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                  This hunt is one of the top two hunts of my year. There are a few things I will remember for a while.

I had a hog run right up behind me and I thought it was Jspradley so I just started talking to it and didn't turn around.
                  I missed hogs for 5 years with a stick bow and got one the first year with a compound.
                  Briar Friar sent me a squirrel and Jspradley sent me a hog.

Probably the number one thing I will remember or at least repeat is that Rat said I could turn my patch over now. Well that and maybe Hector's stories.
                  Bro...you didn't tell me about talking to the hog... hahaahah

Comment

Did I see Sniphunter in one of those pics?

Comment

Man, it figures. I miss a GRXH and you guys kill almost as many hogs as the helicopters . Looks like y'all ate like Kings (and Queens for the Lady's and Pepper). I'll make it up to y'all for missing this year in a big way. Glad y'all had a blast and keep the pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        Bro...you didn't tell me about talking to the hog... hahaahah

I thought you were running up behind me as I was running to take the shot. After I didn't take the shot I started talking to you. I turned around as a hog was running by at 10 yards and you were no where in sight. So it can be said that I speak to the hogs.

Comment

I thought you were running up behind me as I was running to take the shot. After I didn't take the shot I started talking to you. I turned around as a hog was running by at 10 yards and you were no where in sight. So it can be said that I speak to the hogs.
                          Stinkbelly the Hog Whisperer...

Comment

I posted a few on the other thread but I'll repost here....I was only there Saturday but was a good time..always fun to see the Granger crew...

B double E double R UN..

Talking that bull***** haha

Roasted piglet that wudstix tomahawked

Rats kitchen...gtfo

Big as$ sow..

Who ended up with this piglet I went hunting sat evening and was gonna steal her out of bucket to take home but she was gone..

See yall next year and hopefully run into some before that...yeehawg!

Comment

Thanks for all the pics everybody!! Good Job!!

Originally posted by TexRN View Post
                              Oh fear not! For it is still a manfest.
                              Manfest it is, and shall forever be. You should check out the Granger Ranger fb page to see how the piglets are doing. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Haha!!

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              Man, it figures. I miss a GRXH and you guys kill almost as many hogs as the helicopters . Looks like y'all ate like Kings (and Queens for the Lady's and Pepper). I'll make it up to y'all for missing this year in a big way. Glad y'all had a blast and keep the pics coming.
                              You were certainly missed General Sackett! But we carried on as good rangers and stuck to our duty. Let's hope for no tornadoes in the Houston area prior to GRXH 2018!

Comment

I don't have fb...I'm missing out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X