Doubles when dove hunting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubles when dove hunting.

How many of y'all have ever shot two doves out of the air with one shot? I've personally only done it twice. Once a long time ago shooting at two birds side by side flying straight at me from quite a ways out. Did it again over the weekend. Two were about to fly over a buddy of mine and I and they just happened to be following eachother. One hit the ground 10 feet in front of me,the other hit about 5 feet to the left of my buddy. He said that was the first time he'd ever seen it done before. I acted like I do it quite often. If I do it,it's by accident.

I shot a triple last season. Group came in and 2 dropped in front of me. Another fluttered and made it to the tree line. When I walked up to finish it off it was on the ground. Little twist to the neck and done. Only time for me.

Comment

I actually did it twice on Sunday. First time I ever shot a limit in the morning, and in only an hour and a half. Prolly never do it again. Lol.

Comment

It sure helps with your average of shot to kill ratio. I about quit after I did it. About ten minutes later I missed one three times.lol

Comment

Never

Comment

Tripled last year but had 5 shots to play with [emoji16]
            Mexico Boyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is a power line considered in the air?

Comment

I actually got a triple one time. Pure dumb luck.
                Attached Files

Comment

Countless times. I shot 2 doubles on Sunday.

If you watch for the opportunity to catch multiple birds in the shot pattern it's not that hard to do.

Many years ago I shot five 20 point ducks in one shot. Tried to never do that again because a limit with one shot made for a real short hunt.

Comment

I did it on Monday. I didn’t even see the second bird until it fell out of the sky along with the one at which I was aiming. One stray pellet well out of the pattern hit it square in the eye. They all count. This ain’t ice skating - there are no style points!

Comment

Couple of times with doves and teal, coolest part was when I caught a dove out of the sky I shot. It was flying right at me, if I didn't catch it, it would have hit me.

Comment

I’ve hit a double twice.

Comment

I've done it had it happen a couple times. Blind luck both times.

Zach got 2 with 1 shot 10 years ago when he was 12 years old and shooting a 28 gauge.

Comment

Twice this weekend. Almost caught one too, landed mere feet from me.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              I did it on Monday. I didn’t even see the second bird until it fell out of the sky along with the one at which I was aiming. One stray pellet well out of the pattern hit it square in the eye. They all count. This ain’t ice skating - there are no style points!
                              I sure hope not LOL A bunch of fat hill billies drinking beer while sitting on the tailgate of their truck..

I had 3 dove fly over. I shot 3 times and got all 3. Other than that I 100% suck at dove hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X