Tikka T3 rifle vs Browning A-bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3 rifle vs Browning A-bolt

I looking to hear opinions from anyone who owns or has shot the Tikka T3 rifle.
    I'm deciding b/t a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless OR the Browning stainless stalker A-bolt with BOSS.

Thoughts?

love em both...if I was to get another it would be 1 of those. Doesnt help you much I know

Nothing but good about both of them

Comment

Caliber?

I have both: 300 win mag with BOSS and 22-250 in Tikka. Both of them serve their purpose. IMO I wouldnt put anything larger than a 243 in my gunsafe if it was the T3 Lite. 7mm, 300, 270 or likewise and I would buy the Browning w/ BOSS.
      Last edited by JeffJ; 11-14-2011, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Tikka hands down , quality built and they shoot

BRN makes a nice rifle, but doesn't compare to the Tikka

Comment

I bought the Tikka T3 Lite stainless with synthetic stock. I got it in a 7mm magnum because it was a caliber I had used for years and felt comfortable with it. The old 7mm magnum I was using was my dad's and I needed to give it back to him. It was the old weatherby vanguard. I don't know how much more it weighed but i know it weighed more than the Tikka and it was a tremendous difference kick-wise. Two dotted eyes and several years later I like the Tikka but it took me a while to get used to it. If I had it to do all over again I would have either went with a smaller caliber or a different/heavier gun. The gun is too light for the caliber. It kicks like a mule for a 7mm magnum. Been thinking about a muzzle break for years but haven't done it yet. I think if it were a .270 or smaller it would be an awesome gun.

Comment

Originally posted by jwilliamson View Post
            I bought the Tikka T3 Lite stainless with synthetic stock. I got it in a 7mm magnum because it was a caliber I had used for years and felt comfortable with it. The old 7mm magnum I was using was my dad's and I needed to give it back to him. It was the old weatherby vanguard. I don't know how much more it weighed but i know it weighed more than the Tikka and it was a tremendous difference kick-wise. Two dotted eyes and several years later I like the Tikka but it took me a while to get used to it. If I had it to do all over again I would have either went with a smaller caliber or a different/heavier gun. The gun is too light for the caliber. It kicks like a mule for a 7mm magnum. Been thinking about a muzzle break for years but haven't done it yet. I think if it were a .270 or smaller it would be an awesome gun.
            Agree, Would only by the tikka t3 in a small caliber...Not a fan of the cheap drop magazine on them..

Comment

The Tikka lite in a magnum caliber makes a hell of a mountain rifle but is not any fun to punch paper with.

Comment

I had a Brn BOSS in 270 and that thing could shoot lites out.... If I could get another one I would. I now have the Tika in 243 and it shoots great too.

Comment

have the Tikka T3 in 243...awesome gun...best gun i ever owned. I tried a few Brownings out a long time ago. Friends loaned them to me..wasnt impressed. If your not going to get the tikka get a Remm 700 or a Savage 110.

Comment

i have a a-bolt 25-06, my brother has a tikka in .270 both great rifles i i think the tikka is a bit more accurate.

Comment

Check out the new Weatherby Vanguard 2. I have not shot one but read several reviews and for the money there is not much out there better.
                      http://www.weatherby.com/product/rifles/vanguard_2

Comment

Tikka hands down. Got a T3 Lite .270 and it's a tackdriver.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          Tikka hands down , quality built and they shoot

BRN makes a nice rifle, but doesn't compare to the Tikka
                          Si'!!!!

Comment

I've had both and have both

either is a quality weapon you won't be dissatisfied with either. I personally dislike the boss systems as I'm not interested in spending that much time with a rifle to tune it to properly. I'd rather just focus on sighting in properly with no consideration to the boss

but thats me. . . . I'm lazy and shooting rifles isn't my idea of a grand time. I have a couple dozen of them but many of them are just safe queens

Comment

I have the T3 Lite in SS in 300WSM. I changes the butt pad to a a limbsaver and have never looked back. Just bought another one in .308. Weatherby Vanguard 2 in Sub MOA is $459 at Cabelas is is a **** nice shooter. It is a bit heavier so that may help you.

Comment

Working...
                              X