This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    I am glad to see Herm win. Many... I think maybe you said he would not.
    Yes. I was very upset about the hire. I emailed Dr Crow and the AD to express my displeasure. I got emails back from both indicating they had a plan and he would be a good fit. I was wrong. He was one of the better hires of that off season.

Comment

Wife and I will be headed to Austin for our yearly pilgrimage to DKR. We have never been to a home game vs. Kansas. Hook ‘Em!

Comment

Alabama student arrested after allegedly making threats to LSU's Tiger Stadium during Florida game
        Keith Farner | 26 minutes ago

A freshman at the University of Alabama is reportedly in the Tuscaloosa County Jail after he allegedly called in a threat to Tiger Stadium during LSU’s game against Florida in primetime on Saturday.
        Connor Bruce Croll, 19, was booked into jail early Sunday, where records list him as a “fugitive from justice,” the Tuscaloosa News reported. He is being held without bond and is expected to face charges in Baton Rouge. He was arrested by University of Alabama Police. Details were hard to come by on Monday, as neither school explained exactly what happened, but Alabama spokesman Chris Bryant gave a statement to The News on Monday afternoon:

“We are aware of the arrest of a UA freshman over the weekend. Threats and pranks can have serious ramifications and necessitate an appropriate response. The university and UAPD are cooperating fully with the investigation, but we cannot provide any additional details on a pending matter.
        “UA will follow its student conduct policies and procedures. The LSU community has always been gracious to us, and we regret these events.”
        An LSU spokesman declined to comment on a pending investigation.
        The warrant or warrants against Croll weren’t yet available Monday through the East Baton Rouge Clerk of Court’s office. It is unclear what Croll would be charged with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          They haven't played the same defense base to start in any of the six games this season, Too many fronts with too much going on. Orlando is starting to come across as a Manny Diaz type. Too many injuries, need to simplify and attack with speed.

As for the offense. The game plan was as dumb as I've seen called, there was nothing Mensa about it and that's all on Tom! He owned it, but I'm not sure what the Hell he was thinking to begin with.
          Completely agree, had the same Diaz thought Saturday. I think TH gets caught up trying to out think people often rather than just focusing on being the best at what you can do. I don't dislike him but if Sam had not been the qb, he'd probably already be on a pretty hot seat. I do not see the overall player development like I had hoped outside of Duverny.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
            Todd Orlando is trying to build a defense around call matching instead of teaching fundamentals and a base defensive look. Call matching means he is trying to beat the opposing OC's play call with his play call. There is nothing specifically wrong with that, but Texas does not have a base call alignment to fall back on.

What that leads to is players that don't understand exactly what their role is in the defense. Either Orlando sends them on a blitz or they drop back and cover (for the back 7 or 8 guys), but they do so without understanding what their duties are when they see something unfamiliar.

Riley beat Texas by formation and alignment 90% of the downs on Saturday. When you see a linebacker covering CeeDee Lamb, the defensive coordinator just got pantsed. That happened several times.

Anyway, Orlando got pantsed (and this happened several times last year as well). It is hard for the players to be physical and fast if they don't know what to do or where they should be.

Injuries and young players all over the back 7 were also contributory to what went on, but Orlando knew coming in that they were going to be young and inexperienced at CB and LB.
            Nice breakdown, were you ever a coach? Agree Orlando tries to match calls too much, another name for that is guessing... I would like to see them simplify and play faster but that may be to simple for the Mensa crowd. Good thing is there's no one on the schedule that can match up physically, until they see boomer again.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
              Nice breakdown, were you ever a coach? Agree Orlando tries to match calls too much, another name for that is guessing... I would like to see them simplify and play faster but that may be to simple for the Mensa crowd. Good thing is there's no one on the schedule that can match up physically, until they see boomer again.
              Not a coach, but I have buddies that are. The time to install a baseline defense is in the spring. They can make it easier, but they can’t teach what they need to know during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post

Like in 2013 when Mack took the DC gig away from Manny Diaz and Greg Robinson stepped in. They played more base defense and let their athletes make plays vs of being out of position / thinking. Manny’s defense had the same issue with players being in bad positions to make plays and missed a ton of tackles. Hopefully Herman fixes this ASAP.

I still think Herman has several spots he can upgrade on his coaching staff but he believes in continuity vs best available option. I get wanting to be on the same page but he has some weak spots.

Comment

The hell with continuity. Coach O needed a better offense and he fired his OC and look what is happening. Same with OU defense, new DC and they are much improved from last year. If a better option is out there, Herman needs to realize his job may be on the line and go get who he needs to succeed and that includes starting with a good OC. I think Orlando's defense is ok, injuries are killing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Baylor losing Johnston is huge, he was their leading tackler and the leader of their defense.
                    Yep. Game feels like a loss. Costly game, no doubt. Baylor's been very lucky up to last Saturday injury wise. Seemed like only a matter of time. Personally, I figured Brewer would be gone by now but I guess the coaches have kind of put a leash on him.
                    Last edited by Heron; 10-15-2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heron View Post
                      Yep. Game feels like a loss. Costly game, no doubt. Baylor's been very lucky up to last Saturday injury wise. Seemed like only a matter of time. Personally, I figured Brewer would be gone by now but I guess the coaches have kind of put a leash on him.
                      That #93 DT is a freaking beast. Losing Johnson will hurt.

Comment

Hook'em! Beat Kansas...I hope. This team makes me very nervous.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          Like in 2013 when Mack took the DC gig away from Manny Diaz and Greg Robinson stepped in. They played more base defense and let their athletes make plays vs of being out of position / thinking. Manny’s defense had the same issue with players being in bad positions to make plays and missed a ton of tackles. Hopefully Herman fixes this ASAP.

I still think Herman has several spots he can upgrade on his coaching staff but he believes in continuity vs best available option. I get wanting to be on the same page but he has some weak spots.
                          Herman needs to fire his OC. now. Dude is terrible. He was terrible in first half of LSU game and then herman took over calling plays and turned it around.

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          The hell with continuity. Coach O needed a better offense and he fired his OC and look what is happening. Same with OU defense, new DC and they are much improved from last year. If a better option is out there, Herman needs to realize his job may be on the line and go get who he needs to succeed and that includes starting with a good OC. I think Orlando's defense is ok, injuries are killing them.
                          Coach O didn't fire his OC. Ensminger is still OC. He just went and hired a 30year younger passing game coordinator and they both come together and call plays

Comment

OU flat out whipped texas. Out coached, out hustled, out played, OU flat out wanted it more. The score was 7 pts but it dang well coulda been 28 as I felt Texas had no shot.
                            Hermans stubborness in not making changes to his staff is catching up to him.We will see how we move forward.
                            Like I said before, his smugness will not work if he is getting flat out whipped in games. Herman even said he didnt know it was OU week until someone reminded him last week. I know its coach speak but heck maybe he had no idea, didnt look like he had 1 on Sat in the cotton bowl.
                            Thats 1 area I always had confidence in that Herman could get his teams ready for big games. This year is totally different. Just embarrassing effort in dallas. Tackling or whatever Texas was doing was baffling.
                            Congrats to OU.
                            Ok cool, hookem [emoji1605]

Comment

I will say watching the first half of the bama game, that the offense has improved from week 1 atleast.

The FR TE Wydermyer now has 4 TD's, and looks to have a bright future. The WR's didnt drop many , if any balls (that I saw), and Mond did OK. The OL still sucks though. Having to start our third string FR RB isn't helping anything either, third game hes had a costly fumble.

With Georgia losing to South Carolina, the ONLY way we have a shot at 8 wins is to hope that they fall to one of Florida, Mizzou, Auburn the three games prior to us and they cash it in. All three of those teams are ranked currently.

Comment

Glad to see the LSU game will be televised! Last I looked it wasn't listed as being on TV! Gonna go wreck slabs till lunchtime and then watch the Tigers!!

Man I love fall!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X