Gulf Shores, Perdido Key or Destin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulf Shores, Perdido Key or Destin??

Looking for a beach vacation next month. Any reason to pick Destin over Gulf Shores or Perdido Key? Destin seems to be more expensive and the beaches look the same. Not wanting to drive any further than Destin from Arlington.
    Thanks for the input.

This topic comes up pretty frequently in the summer months; might want to do a quick search.

Personally, I like Gulf Shores, but that's just me.

Comment

Depends on what you're looking to do.

Just relaxing on the beach, we prefer Orange Beach. More activities & people - Destin.

Comment

Relaxing on the beach and activities for my 14 yo son.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlington BowHunter View Post
          Relaxing on the beach and activities for my 14 yo son.
          14 yo son probably going to enjoy the scenery at Destin.

Comment

Destin or Seaside

Comment

my sister and her family had a friends house in Santa Rosa Beach the 30A last year for a month. we spent 4 days with them there and it was awesome !!! no big condos and no crazy kids partying. a truly awesome spot!!! we spent one day in Destin renting a boat and hanging out at crab island. that was really cool ! But it was nice to go back to the 30A for peace and quiet.

Comment

Don't forget to load up on some royal red shrimp, too, trust me.

Comment

Destin beach and water are generally nicer than Gulf Shores, but much more traffic and people. Depends on whether you’re willing to make that trade-off.

Comment

I can't stand the Destin crowds and traffic. I do enjoy the Destin docks though

Comment

We usually go to Fort Morgan (just outside of Gulf Shores). Things are calmer and quieter in the Ft Morgan area but you are close enough to Gulf Shores to drive in (about 5 mins). There are plenty of houses and condos to rent in that area. A marina on the bay side & a gas station and couple eatery places.
                      Same beaches (emerald coast) and sugar sand.....

Comment

Gulf Shores if you just want to relax on a nice beach without being overcrowded. Destin if extra people watching opportunities is worth the extra drive (but only for that reason)

Comment

We are going to Gulf Shores next week. Never been before, found decent price for the location. Been to Destin 3-4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
                            We usually go to Fort Morgan (just outside of Gulf Shores). Things are calmer and quieter in the Ft Morgan area but you are close enough to Gulf Shores to drive in (about 5 mins). There are plenty of houses and condos to rent in that area. A marina on the bay side & a gas station and couple eatery places.
                            Same beaches (emerald coast) and sugar sand.....

Same with us.
                            Definitely more our style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On down from Destin, but we really enjoy Rosemary/Alys Beach.

Comment

Working...
                              X