No announcement yet.

Blue bull or bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. Looks like a great time was had.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      If you have a disability waiver you are allowed to use an ATV within the unit. Should help you out in the event you get drawn.
      naah...don't have a disability waiver. If I walk too much, my hip & back let me know about it. I like the idea of biking in to get further from the other folks though.

Gonna try my best to get on one of these hunts this year.

Comment

Congrats on your Nilgai!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          naah...don't have a disability waiver. If I walk too much, my hip & back let me know about it. I like the idea of biking in to get further from the other folks though.

Gonna try my best to get on one of these hunts this year.
          You don't need a handicapped sticker, just a letter from your Dr stating you can't walk far distances due to pain.

Biking is normally the way to go, but the roads can be tough.

Comment

tempting... But I am a tad bit bit stubborn and long as I am able to get around I will without assistance.Will just have to pace myself and hunt smart.

Really admired a gentleman I met at Walter Buck WMA several years back on a spring turkey hunt/exotic hunt. He had driven 3 - 5 hours to get to Walter Buck to hunt. He was alone. He hunted with an old muzzleloader in blind 7 I think(good location). He ended up shooting an Audad close to dark. He tracked it and field dressed it and drug it back to his truck and loaded it up.

the man was 81 years old. He did forget his knife at the gut pile and got turned around in the dark and could not find it.

Back at headquarters, he said he was done and needed to head home.I asked him about his knife, he shrugged his shoulders like...it is gone. I told him I was hunting in the morning and would swing by his blind and do some looking. I got his name and addrress . Sure enough, after my huntI drove over to were he was hunting.After A little walking, I found the gut pile...and his knife.

brought it in to show Gilbert Guzman(biologist) and told him I would mail it to the gentleman.

The old boy was sure appreciative of what I did for him...Just hope that I am that capable in 21 years.
            Last edited by Huntindad; 04-27-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X