Laguna Atascosa Nilgai Hunt Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa Nilgai Hunt Reports

I haven't seen anyone post any reports. How's it going out there?

Ttt

Comment

Nada?

Comment

what he said

Comment

This was my first time out there aside from the scouting I did when I went down to apply. My buddies and I had a great time, saw plenty of Nilgai, killed a mature bull and a cow calf. Only 9 were killed, all in unit 8 and 3 (the couple in 3 looked to be on the edge of 8 and 3). The cold front was a great temp relief, but it brought misty rain on Saturday which put a damper on most of the hunters. We stuck it out through the rain and had a narrow chance at a running cow at dusk after the rain was gone. The US Fish & Wildlife officers said all of the other hunters were in and out of their vehicles all day. I shot the bull at dawn Sunday and my buddy shot the calf while we were blood trailing the bull. We didnt finish packing them out and skinning/quartering them until after dark so that was it for us. I plan to post pics and more details to help the next round of hunters, but I have my hands full unpacking and processing meat for the next several days. I'll just post in this thread since you got it started.

Comment

I just posted my pics and story under Public > "Laguna Atascosa hunters..where are you?"

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Working...
              X