Athlon scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Similarly priced optics. Atacr. Nxs. Gen 2 razor. Mark 6 leupold. Sigs higher end. Etc. I trust these guys 100% on this info. It'll be a long time maybe never before I try one. Very hard for a new company to come out and charge that kind of coin. Give us an honest review once you've used it. I'd be interested to know your thoughts.
    the ares btr was $750. the ones you listed are around $2500. hopefully it will be decent glass and function, but im not expecting it to compete with those optics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Similarly priced optics. Atacr. Nxs. Gen 2 razor. Mark 6 leupold. Sigs higher end. Etc. I trust these guys 100% on this info. It'll be a long time maybe never before I try one. Very hard for a new company to come out and charge that kind of coin. Give us an honest review once you've used it. I'd be interested to know your thoughts.

Similar prices means not 2-3x the amount. It means close to the same amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
        Similar prices means not 2-3x the amount. It means close to the same amount.

Excuse me. Idk why I was thinking the chronus. But I'm glad you took the time for that well thought out and brilliant reply.

$850 optic. So compare it the vx6, shv, and pst. I seriously doubt that athlon tracks. Guess we will have some reviews soon.

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
          the ares btr was $750. the ones you listed are around $2500. hopefully it will be decent glass and function, but im not expecting it to compete with those optics.

Yeah idk why I read chronus instead of btr. I guess since the op didn't say ares or Cronus. Just btr.

Comment

$850 optic. So compare it the vx6, shv, and pst. I seriously doubt that athlon tracks. Guess we will have some reviews soon.
            those are the ones i looked at. shv, gen 2 pst, and athlon. i hope it tracks...if not, its going back. ill report back after i shoot with it a bit.

Comment

Excuse me. Idk why I was thinking the chronus. But I'm glad you took the time for that well thought out and brilliant reply.

It tracks very well. I mounted one on my 308. Shot from 100-800 and back. Lots of 450-650. Dialing all over the place. Went back to 100 and dialed back to 0 and shot dead center of bull. That was the most surprising part about that scope.

Glass quality is good but it’s not gonna compare to the $2k plus scopes. I had it side by side with a PST gen 1 and they looked pretty much same glass quality, like the reticle in the Ares more. I planned on getting the new PST gen 2. After shooting both of them I’m going Ares BTR. I’ll throw the extra few hundred into the new barreled action APR is doing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                It tracks very well. I mounted one on my 308. Shot from 100-800 and back. Lots of 450-650. Dialing all over the place. Went back to 100 and dialed back to 0 and shot dead center of bull. That was the most surprising part about that scope.

Glass quality is good but it’s not gonna compare to the $2k plus scopes. I had it side by side with a PST gen 1 and they looked pretty much same glass quality, like the reticle in the Ares more. I planned on getting the new PST gen 2. After shooting both of them I’m going Ares BTR. I’ll throw the extra few hundred into the new barreled action APR is doing for me.

Nice. Try to do a box test some time and see if it passes that. Impressive if it does!!

Comment

I have two Ares BTR 4.5-27x50, same reticle as the OP. I am very pleased with them for the price. I love the reticle and think the clarity is on point with the cost. My only complaint would be the turrets. They are a bit soft (mushy) in my opinion.

I have done a tracking test with one and it does track and return to zero. I have not had time to test the other one but hope I get the same results.

When the new Cronus comes out I will be upgrading one of them to that.

I don't spend much time looking through paper towel rolls so I can't say how these scopes compare to that view.

Comment

I have 2 of their Scope one on a 338 lapua and the other on a 257 weatherby mag. They are great scopes and track perfectly. Getting ready to buy 2 more.

Comment

Working...
                    X