Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learn something new every day.

Thanks, Blake

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Who the hell would buy that anyway when there are companies that make ML for their sole business instead of a manufacturer "tinkering" in the market?? Yikes...

Comment

It was the only muzzy loader with instructions to use smokeless powder. If someone used the wrong or too much powder could easily see that happening

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
            Bad deal, article said right hand the picture is his left.
            Mirrored image?

Comment

Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
              Bad deal, article said right hand the picture is his left.
              Guy in the photo is Trent Procter who injured his left hand, guy mentioned in body of the article is Ronald Hansen who injured his right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                Looks like a 22 RF, 22 Magnum, or a 17 RF. Was there something plugging up the barrel.
                It’s a muzzleloader!!

Comment

Savage has always been trash! Wouldn’t take one even if it as free!
                  Last edited by Darton; 12-06-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    The article states it was a muzzleloader with bad metallurgy
                    I am going to say there was something in the barrel other than the one bullet that was supposed to be in the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      I am going to say there was something in the barrel other than the one bullet that was supposed to be in the barrel.
                      Unfortunately this same problem has happened a dozen times. Savage has since discontinued this rifle. IMO, the problem is poor design and inferior barrel steel (metallurgy) not being able to withstand the pressure at the weakest point, thus blowing up.

I don't see other manufacturers bolt action ML's blowing up.

Comment

I think there may be some blame on user error. I’ll about guarantee I can replicate those results with any rifle by replacing Varget or 4350 with bullseye.

Comment

dang... I used to have one of those muzzle loaders

Comment

It's like he's holding up his good hand for comparison, in case anyone doesn't know what a hand is supposed to look like.

Comment

I own one Savage. Glad it is in a small caliber. .223.
                              This is not good for any manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                Savage has always been trash! Wouldn’t take one even if it as free!
                                Not really. Just because you may not care for them doesn't mean they are trash.

My Model 12 300wsm has never had a problem killing critters at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X