Muzzle Breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzle Breaks

I am having a 7 mag built with a sendero profile barrel. Does anyone have a muzzle break recommendation? I would prefer it to be seamless and match the contour of the barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
    I am having a 7 mag built with a sendero profile barrel. Does anyone have a muzzle break recommendation? I would prefer it to be seamless and match the contour of the barrel

My suggestion is a suppressor. 7mag with a brake is brutal even with hearing pro.

Comment

have you discussed this project with your GS ?

what were his recommendations , as most competent GS's will streamline the barrel contour then finish per your build sheet

good read on MB testing ... http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/0...es-field-test/

make sure your GS knows how to time a MB !
      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 12-06-2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
        My suggestion is a suppressor. 7mag with a brake is brutal even with hearing pro.

I’m aware they’re brutal. However I am still wanting a brake. I will put a can on it as some point once I get it out of jail

Comment

Love the 5 port BEAST on my 28 nosler.

Comment

Vais

Comment

Second the vais. My .300 RUM kick like a .243 or less.

Comment

Don't break it. That's my rec.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                  I’m aware they’re brutal. However I am still wanting a brake. I will put a can on it as some point once I get it out of jail

Guessing the suppressor does not require a muzzle device attachment?

Comment

I'm running the WTO on my 7. No bottom ports which is nice. Very similar to the Holland I had on my 300 win. Ran a shrewd on the 6.5-284 and you'll get a face full of sand and dirt on occasion. Ran Vais and some others. Really like the wto one best.

Comment

Hunting gun? If so skip the break.

The break I have for my sporter weight 7 mag hasn't been on the rifle in years

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Why not for a hunting gun?

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                          Why not for a hunting gun?
                          I don't use brakes on any of mine, because I don't want to have to walk around with ear plugs in my ears all the time while I'm hunting. I want to be able to hear. And then I don't want to shoot a gun with a brake on it without ear protection, because I want to be able to hear after the shot still.

My 7mag doesn't kick that bad anyway. I had a 7mm RUM that was brutal without a brake. I just sold it rather than braking it, because it was gonna be a hunting gun.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Why? Just curious.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

X 3 on the Vais

Alamo has put the Vais on 3 of my rifle builds and Vais has installed 2 for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X