No announcement yet.

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not as much shooting as I thought there’d be up in Honobia, but I knocked an old ten opening morning, which was one of maybe two shot I heard. Since then two more decent bucks have come from surrounding camps, but action has definitely slowed down since the weekend. Pictures to come when I get back to a computer.

Comment

Our camp got a nice nine point and a doe this last weekend. we ahve a few others including myself coming up for a week starting the day after thanksgiving.

Comment

before:

after:

and another

Comment

That’s a good buck! Congrats!

Comment

I spent all week up there and only saw 1 deer. This has been the worst season ive had EVER. Very hard to sit all day and look at nothing. Deer have moved to night time feedings and the cameras confirm that. I hope December changes!

Comment

I had a great encounter with a nice buck during muzzleloader season but the sun put a glare into my peep sight and he moved before I could shoot. He broke his main beam off a little bit now. Saw a huge 8 point, which I think is the one my buddy killed last weekend, about 4 weeks ago. Moved my stand to within 20 yards of that trail and haven’t had a deer pass that way since. Really slow on our place, we are seeing deer about 1 out of 3 sits. We did manage to kill 2 hogs and a giant 8 point last weekend. Pics to come.

Comment

That’s a 150 1/4” 8 point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post

That’s a 150 1/4” 8 point

Good looking animals on the ground there. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                    Good looking animals on the ground there. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Comment

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Well Gents, looks like things have been a little slow this season in God’s country. A gaggle of good bucks on camera (as usual) with a few on the ground. Congrats to those that have connected.

I’ve kept my head down this year as I’ve worked on a master’s degree while working and keeping up with three kiddos and a wife. Semester is finally over so I thought I’d catch up and check in.

We are still hunting our place near Nashoba. Still got some excellent bucks that are skilled at eluding us. Food plots really struggled with the lack of timely rain and bears are getting more prevalent on our place.

My 13 year old got it done with her crossbow. Her first deer with a broad head was exciting.

I put a little buck in the freezer and shot a doe on the same sit. One of only two hunts in the mountains this season.

Got drawn for and participated in the MCAAP trad hunt in November for the second time. Movement was nonexistent but I did shoot a coyote. First animal with a recurve was a thrill!

With my son starting to pull the trigger next season too it will be quite the challenge getting everyone’s hunts in.

I plan on getting back up in January before next semester classes begin.

Thanks for picking up the slack in my absence!

God bless

Micah
                      Last edited by Booner Sooner; 12-15-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Anyone been up hunting? Going to go this weekend and try not to freeze.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading up Friday through Sunday. Thinking about packing the warm clothes....

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            Heading up Friday through Sunday. Thinking about packing the warm clothes....
                            I told my boy he better pack everything he has, it will be cold in the tree stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ice is also showing to be 50% chance.

Comment

Ran cams last night when O got to camp and am seeing little daytime activity. Sat a small foot plot (food plot has been hammered to the ground) this morning and saw nothing.

Bugged out and am heading back ahead of the slick stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X