Just venting/child supprt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    That number is ridiculous. I have my kid 40% of the time. So deduct that time that I have him, and am providing as well.

And I'm a lucky one - I pick them up Tues from school and take them the next day. Pick them up Friday and Take them Monday to school.

She's not paying for those meals or anything that goes on at my house.
    Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    And dependent on custody, this child is with him at most 50% of the time if he's lucky. Unless of course an agreement has been reached between the parents staying otherwise.
    Y'all are correct, that doesn't account for the time he has his son.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
      The average cost of raising a child to 18 is $245,340. That comes out to $13,630 per year, or $1,135.83 per month. At $1,000 per month you are paying 88% of the expenses for that child. Going by the national average that is.
      I asked my ex if she felt she had any financial responsibility in raising our daughter and got all ******. But bottom line in many cases the father bears the majority of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        google that...it very well might happen
        Several stories where non bio parent is paying for kids
        In what twisted mind, does that even start to make sense?

I feel for all of you that are having to pay child support, and especially for the kids involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          You can hire a Mexican hit man for around $1500.......so I hear......
          At first glance I thought this post was replying to the one above

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
          The average cost of raising a child to 18 is $245,340. That comes out to $13,630 per year, or $1,135.83 per month. At $1,000 per month you are paying 88% of the expenses for that child. Going by the national average that is.
          The OP is now paying $2,000 per month. So he's paying almost double the national average.

Got to love how everything you see and hear is women are 100% equal in every way. Everyone is equal in every way...Until they figure out who the people are that make the real money that is and they want some.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            In what twisted mind, does that even start to make sense?
            I feel for all of you that are having to pay child support, and especially for the kids involved.
            It don't but it is happening all over the country
            A Texas man is battling a court order that mandates he must pay tens of thousands in child support for a child that he did not biologically father and who he met only once.

Comment

My closest experience with divorce is my brother's, which is in the final stages. He is so ready for it to be final that he is agreeing to paying lots more than most of y'all are talking about (he does make pretty good money). He is agreeing to $2K/month CS, lots of expenses, plus contractual alimony of another $2K/month.
              His soon-to-be ex is (as we have seen over the past 34 years of their marriage) crazy. But she claims God told her not to work until the boys are out on their own. BTW, both boys (10 year old twins) are on the autism spectrum.
              Now, I personally believe that God designed women to be much better nurturers than men. All other things being equal, they are better at day-to-day parenting than most men. Men are still absolutely necessary to the healthy development of the child, however.
              Traditionally, men have been the primary earners, even when the wife works outside the home.
              So, women are nurturers, men are earners. They made babies together and now have to work out how the future looks when they split up.
              It has almost killed me (physically, emotionally, etc.) when I've had to take sole care of my kids (when they were younger) for an entire day. Yet, that is what my wife does every single day. Me going to 'work' for 10 hours is day is much easier.
              I understand the courts can be 'unfair' at times to men. But I also understand how difficult it is for a single mom to try to raise kids on her own, 24/7. If she wants to drink a glass of wine after finally putting the kids down after a rough day, she shouldn't have to sell her blood at the blood bank to pay for the bottle.
              It is all an unfortunate situation, but the kids are often the losers when parents fight tooth and nail or build up hostilities over rights and obligations.
              Prayers up for all you dads and moms trying to raise children apart.

Comment

I think I'm getting snipped asap.

Comment

It don't but it is happening all over the country
                  http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/23...-isnt-his.html
                  This nation is going to hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    This nation is going to hell!
                    Agreed

Comment

Basically the state of Texas bases child support off of 20% of said income for first child and an additional 5% for another child. So a total of 25% of your income if you have 2 or more with your ex.

Comment

I am $1710 for one child.....feel any better? I learned to look at it like this, for only $1710 a month I don't have to be married to my ex which makes it feel like a bargain :-)

Comment

Just venting/child supprt

I could not get my divorce in Houston because the judge wanted me to pay child support for a kid that was not mine. My ex-wife got pregnant from her boyfriend. Me and her had everything agreed to but the judge would not let us get divorced...... I had to go to another state. Took effect 6 years to get a divorce!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Let me clarify. I was paying 600 a month before, but after adjustments/hearing, it is adjusted to over 1k. Our orders haven't been adjusted in years. The AG sent out the letter saying we can file a hearing for adjustment if we wanted. Obviously she chose to have the hearing. The new amount is legit (support plus medical) based on my pay, but man, it just sucks. Between that and taxes, I am only bringing home around 55% of my pay each period. Maybe I have no right to gripe, but to me it's a lot of money. Her husband works, and they have 3 children in the house (2 together, and mine). Like I said, I'm not looking for pity, or someone to tell me I've no right to gripe, just wanted to vent.

Comment

I was very happy when I finally made my last child support payment. In all I paid over $200,000 in support to the ex. Also paid the medical bills. My two sons are worth every penny. They were raised right. My youngest is in college still so he only got more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePumaLives View Post
                                Yep, I'm in the same boat. 1300 a month plus I have to provide insurance for medical, dental, and vision. Whatever isn't covered by insurance we split 50/50; but she has my son on Medicaid (even though he has insurance through me) so they "pay" her half; and I say "pay" because they refuse to pay anything since he is covered on my insurance and I just get a bill through the state. I was also responsible for paying half of his daycare; you know, the daycare that was her grand mother's house and she charged 1200 a month and only watched him. The judge in TX stopped that nonsense. She also collects food stamps in both TX and LA, as well as housing assistance (her and her current boyfriend bounce between relatives' houses), and my son is on free lunches.

What does she do for a living? She's a student. A student that isn't enrolled in school and never has been. She lives off the child support and government assistance and whatever family she can sponge off until they get tired of her. My son is in kindergarten and is currently moving and will now be attending his fourth public school; two for pre-K and two for kindergarten.

For those wishing there was an itemized account of how child support is spent, there is and the state can provide it to you. It won't help though. The account showed everything she spent was at eating places, bars, nail salons, and clothing stores. She was also paying credit card bills with it. The judge didn't want to hear it, for all he knows she spent her own money on providing for my son and is then reimbursing herself. Want a real kick in the nuts? Every 60 days I have to go to court and defend myself against accusations of kidnapping (my wife posted something Pinterest about Disney world), being a government hating madman (my wife bought me a pistol for Christmas), being a terrorist (I worked overseas previously in the Middle East), being a racist (I worked for the Trump campaign), endangering my son (we bought a new car for my wife, it's a sports car), I'm dangerous because I'm deranged from "The PTSD (I served in the military), and interfering in his health and education (I signed up to receive an account for all of his school stuff like attendance and progress reports).

Like others have said though; me and my wife put our all into raising him the best we can with our limited time. He definitely sees the difference between the two households. It breaks your heart though when a five year old tells you that he likes your house because he gets to sleep in the same house every night.
                                Dang man, if I didnt know how screwed up the system is, I wouldnt believe it.

Comment

Working...
                                X