Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricing a used bow

My wife surprised me with a new bow last night

I have a 2010 or a 2011 diamond iceman left handed that I'm gonna consider selling. Bow is great, not one single complaint about it and it has served me faithfully for several years. Had my first bow kill with this bow

Anyway, what would be a value on it? It retailed $850 new

$400 max, and you may be lucky to get that. Bows depreciate fast.

Comment

Sounds like you have sentimental value in it. Might be a good candidate for a back up bow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you have an awesome wife!

Comment

Being left handed myself, I'd say that $75 is more than fair. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
            Looks like you have an awesome wife!
            I do. Last week we walked into a shooting range that has a bow shop and they had a halon demo booth/rack set up, I told her I shot one a month ago and it was awesome but I couldn't bring myself to drop that money on a bow. I came home at midnight last night after being gone for two days and when I walked in my office there was a Halon 32 there sitting in a SKB case

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              $400 max, and you may be lucky to get that. Bows depreciate fast.
              $400 is about what I figured. I'm assuming that's just the bare bow?

Comment

Pricing a used bow

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                $400 is about what I figured. I'm assuming that's just the bare bow?

I'd keep if I got my first kill with it. As stated, backup bow. Got rid of mine and wish I still had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Left handed bows are harder to get rid of. I doubt very seriously you will get $400 for it especially with it being 6-7 years old bow. I would think you would be lucky to get $250-$300 for it. I know that I have had $1,000+ Left handed bows in the past and tried to sell them after only being 1 year old and I was doing good to get $500 for them only after a year. There are far fewer lefties out there.

Comment

Any of your kids left-handed?

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                      Any of your kids left-handed?

my daughter but she is 3.

I figure by the time she is able to shoot that bow we will have better technology and it will be very obsolete

Comment

Probably 300ish. I'd go do a search on archerytalk for that bow model and see what they've been selling for.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                          Probably 300ish. I'd go do a search on archerytalk for that bow model and see what they've been selling for.
                          This is a good resource to get an idea on price comps on used bow. I am a lefty and bought my current bow used from here.

Comment

I really doubt you get $400 out of that bow bare. That was a good bow, but they were never really considered "top end" bows at least not in the used market. I think you would find a buyer at 300.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                              Left handed bows are harder to get rid of. I doubt very seriously you will get $400 for it especially with it being 6-7 years old bow. I would think you would be lucky to get $250-$300 for it. I know that I have had $1,000+ Left handed bows in the past and tried to sell them after only being 1 year old and I was doing good to get $500 for them only after a year. There are far fewer lefties out there.

This, unfortunately. ^^^

Ebay is also a good resource for pricing a used bow. It will let you know what individuals are willing to pay. Bows depreciate very quickly so, don't be surprised. I tried to sell a two year old top-of-the-line Hoyt about 8 years ago. It would sell for less than half what I paid for it and it was loaded with the best accessories. It is still my back-up bow to this day.

Comment

Working...
                              X