My 2017 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
    Good luck! Do you have any pictures of your tripod?

This is the only one I have in my phone. It'll adjust from probably 4' to 8' or so. The tubing coming up on the sides is for sticking brush in, and then there's another piece of tubing that slides in the back with tubing coming off of it at angles to brush in behind you. I was planning on sticking it in a bush/tree and then stuffing brush all around the top and then cutting a shooting hole through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a pic with all the brush holders on the platform extended and the one for the back on. I'm gonna try to stick the legs in a bush or tree and then zip tie brush to them to hide them some more if needed, then stick a bunch of thick brush in all the attachments, then have a big piece of brush tied to a string that I can pull up in the front to break up my feet.

In this pic the platform is about 4' and the chair is at about 6'6" but I can adjust it quite a bit either way from where it is now depending on where I need to put it.

Comment

And all the practice I'm doing this week is at 15 yards out of this stand. As spooky as those deer are though 10-12 would be better.

Comment

I like it. When you extend it, do you just take one big step to get to the first step?

Comment

I like it. When you extend it, do you just take one big step to get to the first step?
            Yeah, but it's not bad. I have long legs anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              Yeah, but it's not bad. I have long legs anyway!!
              Going up would be okay. Coming down, especially after shooting a big buck, I would have trouble with. [emoji52]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck, hope you don't get to wet. I like the stand and really like the range of adjustment.

Comment

Looking like the weather is gonna be perfect. Lows in the low 50s and highs in the mid 70s. It may rain a little on the drive down Sunday but after that should be good. I'm just gonna take my tripod, but if the wind is finicky I'll make a brush blind too. Have my stuff together for the most part and the truck is gassed up. I'll try to be on the road by around 10 Sunday morning.

Comment

Sounds like a good trip in store.

Comment

Make sure you park your truck near a light with the hood up, also park your 4 wheeler near a light. I had a pack rat chew through an ABS wire on my truck and another wire on my 4 wheeler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you park your truck near a light with the hood up, also park your 4 wheeler near a light. I had a pack rat chew through an ABS wire on my truck and another wire on my 4 wheeler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                        That's no good!! I don't think I'm gonna take the 4 wheeler since the weather is looking good, but I'll definitely park the truck under a light.

Comment

Pack rat traps and poison.

Comment

I'll only be there 3 nights, so hopefully just leaving the hood up and under a light will be ok. I'll be driving it back and forth to hunt a couple times a day anyway.

Comment

I'm getting ready to head out. A little more coffee then I'll start loading the truck. Hope to be on the road around 10ish, and with stopping somewhere for lunch and another bathroom break at some point I'll probably be there around 5:30 or 6:00. I'm a little nervous because I shot terrible the last few days. But it happens to me literally every time I get ready to go on a hunt. It's like overnight I forget how to shoot. I know it's just nerves though and I'll settle in when I get there. The weather is looking great, supposed to be cool in the mornings with the highs only reaching the mid 70's. I love being in that part of the country so this will be a great getaway for me no matter if I get a deer or not.

Comment

Enjoy the hunt and the shot will take care of itself. Safe travels.

Comment

Working...
                                X