No announcement yet.

Hummingbird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's some tight shooting. That bows a keeper.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you're shooting it well!! Congrats on the new bow!!

Comment

Thanks, it's pretty fun to shoot. Almost hard to miss with it.... Almost, unless the intended critter ducks to the dirt. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
          Thought I should share a little afternoon shooting. It's lighter then I wanted, but man this bow really is sweet to shoot. The first pic was a 15 yard nail puncher, The second pic was my first 30 yard shot. Now if I can just get it a little quieter.
          The fellow I bought my Hummingbird Kingfisher recurve from said he had issues with the bow being a bit loud and the setup when I received it was pretty loud. He had Velcro on the limb tips and 2 sets of silencers on the string. BH of about 7" and nock height of about 3/8". But it quieted down when I raised the brace height and nock height a bit. Added limbsavers right at the end of the fades and it's sweet. Took the Velcro off the limbs and threw his string away.
          My setup is 7 1/2" bh, 9/16" nock height. 18 strand 8190 Flemish string with.024 Halo serving. I would also add beaver balls or similar fur type string silencer about 14" below the tips of the string for hunting.
          Mine isa 60" bow.

Comment

I have my bow set-up at 7&1/4 brace and 1/2" high so just 1/16 below you at nocking point. I may try the 7.5" Thanks for the information.

Comment

Thought I had better do another update. I went to the Freedom Shooting Sports in Corsicana today. Really nice group of people and nice outdoor 3D range.
              Point of the update. Bow scaled 50.5# @ 28" Now that I know this, the Hummingbird has the smoothest draw I have ever felt. I seriously thought this bow was a sub 45# at my draw. At 27" just barely under 48. I can hold this bow longer at full draw then ANY of my other bows including those sub 45#'ers. SO! WOW!!

Comment

Nice. That's probably what everyone should do so they know.

By everyone I mean me.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL, well, I have a scale, but apparently it does not give me an accurate reading. The reason i wanted a scale was to help me really dial in arrows. So much for that thought.

Comment

Those Hummingbirds are really smooth shooting. I've shot several of Ben's bows though I don't own one. I knew Ben for years and shot with him on occasion. His wife, Linda, was also a great shot.

Comment

Phillip I read that Linda may be looking onto making the bows at some point again, and has done some re-finish work. Do you know if any of that is true? I would like to send this one to her at the end of the season to get re-finished.

Comment

Cody, I am not sure if Linda is going to start making bows again. I do know that she was very much involved in the company with Ben. I never really knew Linda like I did Ben. There was talk that they would be offering some refinishing services. I would call her: (704) 436-2509

Comment

Thank you Phillip for the number.

Comment

I talked to Ben in July of last year about making me a riser for an extra set of limbs I have. He told me that he was about to retire but that he has someone else he mentored would be taking over the shop. I hope the happens. I have 2 bows and 3 sets of limbs. They are fantastic bows.

Comment

Agree, this may be the smoothest drawing bow I have ever had.

Comment

Linda posted this on another website a couple of days ago:

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. Bud sent me the thread and it is very heart warming. Almost the last words Ben spoke was this scripture he quoted II Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:, and as much as I miss him I know where he is and his pain is gone. I have just gotten the shop back open and am refinishing some bows, taking wood working classes and planing on starting back building Ben's bows. Lord willing we will see how it go's. Keep me in your prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X