Boy Scouts will allow girls to join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    By the time they are teens you loose too many. Starting them young gives the family more of an opportunity to unify and enjoy it as a unit.

Does is create challenges? Yes. But as a qualified, active and dedicated member of the scouting organization I believe the opportunities and benefits of what the organization offer far outweigh the challenges and pitfalls.

I promise you the vast majority of nay sayers have not and will not be the ones committing their time and effort to building the character of the young men and women of America.

That is a broad brush you are painting with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For whatever reason the good ole USofA finds it hard to change in some ways. That is what makes us strong and unique in many ways. Unfortunately GSA does not offer the same experience BSA does and refuses to adjust it's program. So many dads have daughters who feel left out of the fun and fulfillment their brothers get to experience. They left the GS program because it wasn't offered there.
      So why cause another organization to change its program to fulfill girls needs, instead of fighting against the GS organization to cause them to change their program to include these needs?

Comment

That's what happens when you start catering to the homosexuals.

Comment

Because BSA has a forward thinking and proactive leader. He see's and understands the political and financial landscape before the organization and is helping to make decisions based on what they see as wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            any what if little Johnny wants to crochet sweaters, hem skirts, and play with dolls ... will he be allowed entrance into the GS ?
            My first thoughts also Blake. Should opposing sexual orientation be instilled within such young minds. Only to create a question in sexual identity while the child is developing? It baffles me that some parents encourage a child who has a Sexual Identity issue. I understand as a Christian, that I take no offense to anyone. Even if they are not of faith. For Christ loved all, as our Lord and Father dose. And we should try to live as Christ did, the best we can. But to encourage sexual deviance from what our Father has tried to teach us, is beyond me. Only those who have given up on Faith, or never were exposed to true Faith, would do such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              That's what happens when you start catering to the homosexuals.
              They have like 4 years ago. But we have not had one openly LBGT youth approach our troop for membership since any of the rulings.

Comment

For whatever reason the good ole USofA finds it hard to change in some ways. That is what makes us strong and unique in many ways. Unfortunately GSA does not offer the same experience BSA does and refuses to adjust it's program. So many dads have daughters who feel left out of the fun and fulfillment their brothers get to experience. They left the GS program because it wasn't offered there.

So because the Girl Scouts doesn't offer what you feel like they should, the Boy Scouts should cave and accept girls??? That's preposterous.

You as a dad should teach her. Also, you as a dad of a son should not want an entire organization designed to mold young boys into fine young men to cave to political pressure and create distractions by allowing said political pressure to influence decisions.

and it's also ok to tell our children "no," that they cannot be in whatever organization because they are either a boy or a girl. That's called life, and life is not fair, something that liberals and millenials are going to have to come to grips with....

Comment

Because BSA has a forward thinking and proactive leader. He see's and understands the political and financial landscape before the organization and is helping to make decisions based on what they see as wisdom.

So the decision was based on financial gain? Shouldn't it be for the Boys that are in Scouting?

Comment

Ahh, so the Girl Scouts are led by a leader, whom I guessing cannot be replaced then? Or are there no bright women leaders out there willing to empower themselves and change their organization for the better?

Comment

They have like 4 years ago. But we have not had one openly LBGT youth approach our troop for membership since any of the rulings.
                      Knucklehead.......it never was about the youth homosexuals.

Yes, my boys were in scouting up until last year.......I was at all of the outings. I saw the influx of lebisian women.

Comment

Why is this a bad thing?
                        I dont want to start a fight I am curious as a legitimate argument as to why they shouldn't be allowed to join.

Comment

Traildust it's not polite to call names. The original ruling was on openly gay youths and adults.

Do I think this changes things? Yes. Do I think change is avoidable. No. You can either take the plunge and get it on your terms or take what is forced upon you.

Comment

the downfall of the Boy Scouts started long ago, it's sad to see the dismantling of the U.S.A.
                            we are our worse enemy.

Comment

God is spelt with a CAPITAL G.

Comment

I was talking to our scoutmaster tonight and he brought up a good point. If they are allowed to form their own troop in Boy Scouts then that is not a problem. He said he thought if they make the troops coed then a lot of leaders will not be interested in the campouts. It is one thing to watch over a group of boys another to watch over coeds

Comment

Working...
                                X