SI Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Cover

I saw today that the SI cover says "A Nation Divided Sports Untied". I work in a environment that is very diverse, and I have to be honest. I think the only divided is between the media and the people. No one here is divided because of race or because of "police relations" or even political views.

I'm at the point and I'm betting most Americans are with me that we are just tired of hearing about this bs. There is a reason I don't watch the news anymore, and its getting to where I can't even check bleacher report.

Originally posted by 1shot View Post
    I saw today that the SI cover says "A Nation Divided Sports Untied". I work in a environment that is very diverse, and I have to be honest. I think the only divided is between the media and the people. No one here is divided because of race or because of "police relations" or even political views.

I'm at the point and I'm betting most Americans are with me that we are just tired of hearing about this bs. There is a reason I don't watch the news anymore, and its getting to where I can't even check bleacher report.
    I think you are 100% correct in your assessment my friend. I am right there with you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1shot View Post

The media is a tool of one particular political party
      Yes i agree and have said for 20 years that the media will be the downfall of the United States...that said, they take their orders from someone and that someone is does not have an R next to his name

Comment

At some point, the people will get tired of being told how they feel.....

Comment

This whole Nation Divide crap is a Media Driven Headline grabber.

Comment

Work in an office of over 1,000 people of all different races, religions, and political beliefs. No problems here! Where is this so called "divided nation"???

This goes for my neighborhood, local grocery stores, outside organized activities etc etc.. again I ask where this mysterious division is?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Work in an office of over 1,000 people of all different races, religions, and political beliefs. No problems here! Where is this so called "divided nation"???

This goes for my neighborhood, local grocery stores, outside organized activities etc etc.. again I ask where this mysterious division is?
              I'll bet you my paycheck to a dozen of Shipley's donut holes that the black people you work with have just about polar opposite feelings from you on:

police brutality,
              driving while black
              Institutional racism

They will say whatever to your face, but on their Texas Black Lives Matter green screen forum I'm sure they are singing a different tune.

Just ask the brothers of Phi Nu Pi what are their thoughts on their frat brother's campaign.

Comment

I have a tendency to watch and see if people's actions and words match up. No problems at my work. Just saying.

Comment

Well that's good news! But be honest, no one gets a little bit sore when someone leaves leftovers in the employee lunch room refrigerator on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                    Well that's good news! But be honest, no one gets a little bit sore when someone leaves leftovers in the employee lunch room refrigerator on Friday?
                    Well yeah of course. We've had a black on black stabbing over leftovers in the fridge.

Comment

I was in Houston for a week immediately following Harvey. I saw humans helping humans. Notice how I did not mention any races!! Again, I witnessed humans helping humans without regard to race.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        I'll bet you my paycheck to a dozen of Shipley's donut holes that the black people you work with have just about polar opposite feelings from you on:

police brutality,
                        driving while black
                        Institutional racism

They will say whatever to your face, but on their Texas Black Lives Matter green screen forum I'm sure they are singing a different tune.

Just ask the brothers of Phi Nu Pi what are their thoughts on their frat brother's campaign.

I don't think that can be applied as a blanket statement, but I do believe a lot of lesser informed probably do because that's what the media and politicians are telling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well yeah of course. We've had a black on black stabbing over leftovers in the fridge.
                          Okay... well aside from that, if everything is cool with your 1,000 person sample then there is no reason to think we can't project that joy and harmony across the rest of the 325 million folks here in the United States?

Comment

police brutality,
                            driving while black
                            Institutional racism

I don't think anyome is denying that different people have different views, but the media is portraying it as the races hate each other. That is simply not the truth. Are there fractions of people who hate, sure. The vast majority of people find a way to get along without hating every one who is different.

Comment

police brutality,
                              driving while black
                              Institutional racism

What about the White, Hispanic, Asians and Hindus here? What are their feelings?

Comment

Working...
                              X