No announcement yet.

anyone ever get an abdominal cramp from doing crunches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing has happened to me after ab workouts - I bend down to take a drink from the water fountain and BAM the abs just lock down and the pain is....exceedingly painful. But in the gym you aren't supposed to whimper like a little girl so you try to relax the crunching abs and straighten up your back and make sure that you don't bend at the waist for at least 15 minutes. I think it just means you worked them too hard. Give em a couple of days to rest and then get back after it, only stop before you get to the number of reps that caused the lockdown and stay at that level for a couple of weeks, then gradually add reps. I've heard it said that when you hit 40, you have to start using your brain to make sure your muscles don't write checks that your joints can't cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
      Dave bringing teh funny early this morning.

Could be a potassium deficiency????????
      TRue TRue..... Depending on how seriously you are taking getting back into shape will depend on your potassium intake.. Eat banana's aspergus. Get you some muscle milk too... IT has over 1,000 grams of Potassium in it...

If your really commited to getting into shape and wanna drop some pounds shoot me a pm and ill give you a out line of what I do... Ive dropped 20 lbs the first 3 weeks.

Comment

OH YEAH them suckers hurt. Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Yep, have experienced my fair share.

What is real fun is after a few days of hunting using a climber and you get one on your way up or down the tree.

Comment

Working...
          X