Bill Maher... mocks Harvey victimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    They may be affluent areas with high real estate value, but they are still low tax base compared to states he is referencing, New York and Cali.

2nd this is even original content, bs was being batted around on social media 48 hours after landfall.

I can't imagine Houston being handled much better than it was. Nice mix of public and private resources.
    Doesn't every State pay the same Federal tax rates?

And if we're all pitching in (all States) of course they want money when it's their turn. That's how it's all set up. Doesn't mean some States don't want the system to change. Man that guy is so stupid. That's like saying I hate health insurance that I am forced to pay into but being called a hypocrite when I have to use it. Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Doesn't every State pay the same Federal tax rates?

And if we're all pitching in (all States) of course they want money when it's their turn. That's how it's all set up. Doesn't mean some States don't want the system to change. Man that guy is so stupid. That's like saying I hate health insurance that I am forced to pay into but being called a hypocrite when I have to use it. Idiot.
      No argument on any of those points. He is just an idiot.....

Comment

The deal is, en mass, liberals don't give a crap when conservative States are affected by natural disasters. Katrina slammed the entire Gulf Coast and liberals focused on NOLA (a liberal city) which was botched by a liberal mayor. They didn't b*tch about Ike and Rita when they ripped SE Texas to shreds.

Now, when Sandy hit New Jersey.....stand back fellas cuz this was the worst thing since dinosaurs roamed the Earth. It was bad, no doubt but fat a*s Chris Christie is still trying to get political mileage from it while slamming Ted Cruz for wanting to do right by his constituents. If we all recall, liberals blamed the fact Katrina made it to hurricane status on the fact GW Bush was President.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
          The deal is, en mass, liberals don't give a crap when conservative States are affected by natural disasters. Katrina slammed the entire Gulf Coast and liberals focused on NOLA (a liberal city) which was botched by a liberal mayor. They didn't b*tch about Ike and Rita when they ripped SE Texas to shreds.

Now, when Sandy hit New Jersey.....stand back fellas cuz this was the worst thing since dinosaurs roamed the Earth. It was bad, no doubt but fat a*s Chris Christie is still trying to get political mileage from it while slamming Ted Cruz for wanting to do right by his constituents. If we all recall, liberals blamed the fact Katrina made it to hurricane status on the fact GW Bush was President.
          don't forget, Bush and Cheney blew up the levies in N.O. to flood all the folks who lived there.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            don't forget, Bush and Cheney blew up the levies in N.O. to flood all the folks who lived there.

Yeah, that was a real low moment in Republican political history!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

2nd this is even original content, bs was being batted around on social media 48 hours after landfall.
              This...................and when you tell them the areas affected voted for Clinton, of course you get called a racist.

DJ

Comment

They can mock us, they will hate us, but we know what we did after Harvey. They can't take that away from us, so let em run their mouths. They don't factor in anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  They can mock us, they will hate us, but we know what we did after Harvey. They can't take that away from us, so let em run their mouths. They don't factor in anyway.
                  Amen to that. I have never been more proud of Texas, Texans, and our fellow man that I was after Harvey. Some *****hat that doesn't understand it.... who give a rats butt what he says?

Comment

Working...
                  X