Anyone want to skin my Bear recurve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to skin my Bear recurve?

I have a set of nice south Texas rattlesnakes sitting in my freezer that I can skin and air dry. I am looking for someone with the know-how to add them to an old Bear recurve I have that they would look great on. Been wanting to add skins to that bow for a while and a buddy just happened to kill a couple of snakes in his backyard/shop not long ago and had no use for them. If anyone can help, please message me. Thank you!

Pretty simple process that you can do yourself. If your interested in trying it I can get you some info. Shoot me a pm!

Comment

I will be happy to skin your bow. I hope it turns out better than my last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        Pretty simple process that you can do yourself. If your interested in trying it I can get you some info. Shoot me a pm!

Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
          I will be happy to skin your bow. I hope it turns out better than my last one.

That is a helluva sales pitch! Lmao!

Comment

Here's some info on the process if anyone else is interested.
            I got this from Mike Yancey's site at Pine Hollow Longbows. Mike is a great guy and has just about anything anyone would need for primitive style bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This should make Randy's post a little easier to read.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thx Rick!!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

post some pics when your finished please

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                      post some pics when your finished please
                      Will do! May be a while though...I still have a bunch of euros to finish for people before I can do a project for myself.

Comment

Thanks for the info Randy. I'm going to try this one of these days.

Comment

Yeah I think I will just pay someone to do mine.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

The best skins I have seen done are by Bob Morrrison . I had him do a set of cane brake ( timber rattler ) and they were absalutly perfect, very smooth. Can't remember what he charges, but he supplied my skins also. But highly recommend him if you want a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
                              That is a helluva sales pitch! Lmao!
                              Of coarse I was joking. I have done a few, all but one turned out great. The one that did not turn out, the skins looked funny even before I applied them.

Like mentioned Bob Morrison does a great job. Black Widow does a great job but I don't know if they will do outside bows.

Two small matching skins look way better than a big skin cut in half. Matching quality skins are worth waiting for or even buying. Personally I don't like the way that un-matched skins look. What I mean is different shades of the same species of snake.

If your bow is special to you get Bob to apply the skins for you. I promise, I can tell a rookie from quality work and you will be able to as well.

Remember, that once a bow is skinned that it is almost impossible to un-skin. Do it right the first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X