Corn/dead animal trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn/dead animal trailer

Props to Black Gold for posting his build thread and putting this in my head.

Wanted an ATV/UTV trailer to haul corn and avoid making multiple trips back to base camp when filling feeders. Also the lower deck height will be nice when loading up animals.

Picked up a HF trailer frame rated around 1,090 lbs for just under $200 after 20% open box discount. Had some leftover 10 gauge for the floor from another project and expanded metal from making some condenser coil guards for my AC units. Had to pick up a stick of angle iron, two 4x4 bolt pattern steel wheels, and some 1x1" 11 gauge square tube for the tree sliders. 2x8 will be used for the tailgate. Hoping to finish it up this weekend. I'll get on with the pics now...
    Attached Files

Looks good man! Pretty slick

Comment

Nice

Comment

Yeah, it's a sweet trailer for an ATV. Would love to have something like this

Comment

Nice work! The tree bumpers in front of the tires are a great idea. Those will save some problems down the road.

Comment

how did you bend that square tubing like that without it kinking?

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                Nice work! The tree bumpers in front of the tires are a great idea. Those will save some problems down the road.
                I hope so! I can see me or someone else hooking up to this thing and taking a sharp turn by an oak tree and ripping the axle off. I went with 11 gauge over 14 gauge (pretty close to 1/8") to help take an impact.

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                how did you bend that square tubing like that without it kinking?
                Short answer is a tube bender. Youtube "JD2 tube bender" and it will explain much better than I could typing. You can see the bender in a few of the pics right behind the trailer. Mine is the JD2 Model 32 manual version.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you use the spacer adapters for the atv wheels.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                      Did you use the spacer adapters for the atv wheels.
                      No, I bought the wheels new with the 4x4 bolt pattern. Honda, Polaris, etc have different bolt patterns. Custom spacers to go from 4x4 to 4x156mm (Polaris) were not worth having the ability to use them as spares to me. Most Honda's have a 4x110mm pattern and you can find 4x4 to 4x110 pretty easily.

Comment

Where did you get the wheels. I was thinking about one of these trailers and was going to purchase the adapters but would rather just buy the 4x4 wheels

Comment

nice!!!!

Comment

Nice work[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice build, Im jealous of your tool arsenal, particularly that hypotherm plasma...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X