Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in for the outcome

Comment

Conversation probably went like this: You can shoot anything but the big 10 or 12 pointer...guy counts and sees the deer (or elk), since he's never hunted before, has 14 points and blasts away thinking he just set the record!!!!

Comment

Lease member would be gone and the guest would be sent a bill for the Elk..
        Get the LO involved if necessary.

Comment

We have elk on our lease , the land owners said they don't want the elk on the property due to the damage they do to our fence, well one guy has shot 5 this year,our land owners are PO' D he was a game hog ! And I really don't know what to say about it when asked " I didn't want to rock the boat " but my opinion is boot the " sob" I would say the same thing about your situation " bye bye don't let that gate hit him in the *****"

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            We have elk on our lease , the land owners said they don't want the elk on the property due to the damage they do to our fence, well one guy has shot 5 this year,our land owners are PO' D he was a game hog ! And I really don't know what to say about it when asked " I didn't want to rock the boat " but my opinion is boot the " sob" I would say the same thing about your situation " bye bye don't let that gate hit him in the *****"
            why would you say to boot the guy that shot the 5 elk?

He didn't break a rule. The LO said that they didn't want them on and now they are PO cause he shot 5? That's bull****.

As far as the OP- Your guy should be gone. he broke a rule
            Last edited by HunterU; 12-17-2017, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Show them the gate.

Comment

Don't ASK him to leave, TELL him he is off lease and MAKE guest pay restitution for shootin animal that HE KNEW NOT TO KILL. Call gw and LO and tell him what happened before you all get kicked off for an ****&#! member not doin what he was supposed to do. Better to b up front than not say anything cause that could get all of you kicked off also.

Comment

I saw a good bull on a trailer yesterday afternoon when I was headed to Amarillo, any chance it was the one your referring to OP?

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

If your group doesn't come clean and get in front of this, with the LO, you're all gonna get the boot. IMO I'd say that it's a given that the member is GONE and also that he/guest (or your group) is paying for a replacement elk. I'll be curious to see how y'all handle it, and the outcome.

Comment

Lease member should be told to pack his S**T and never come back! Can't follow simple rules has no business being on the lease!!! I would talk to the land owner and let him know what's going on to make sure you don't get kicked off as well!

Comment

The lease member would be gone.
                          Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

As a current lease boss, the member would be asked to leave if my landowner had personally put that animal off limits and it was communicated to him.

Comment

The member should have to leave the lease. This is the reason I like the rule of "no guest" because it appears to always get abused. Especially when no one is around from my experiences.

Comment

It seems like it would be pretty difficult for a landowner to overlook or not notice a missing elk from his place. They are pretty big and stand out pretty well. You might not have to worry about it for very long.

And if by some chance he doesn't, the it becomes a matter of doing the right thing and owning up to your actions. I not sure I would want to be on a place where a man is so ready to cheat lie and steal all for a set of antlers. If the person who didn't sit with his guest doesn't man up and remove himself, I would go so I didn't have to be a part of that crowd.

Life's too short to get caught up in that kind of nonsense IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X