No announcement yet.

Lease Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...!! Do you have decent numbers out there ? Lease member should not have let the guy hunt alone. Landowner may require replacement cost for the animal.

Comment

Bye Felecia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We only had 3 on camera. There is talk of him paying for another one. My opinion is he needs to go. This was the easiest hunting rule to follow (don’t shoot the elk) and he screwed it up.

Comment

You said hypothetical question......why do I get the feeling that isn’t the case???

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
            We only had 3 on camera. There is talk of him paying for another one. My opinion is he needs to go. This was the easiest hunting rule to follow (don’t shoot the elk) and he screwed it up.
            Agreed... boot him and give me his spot

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
              You said hypothetical question......why do I get the feeling that isn’t the case???
              Haha

Comment

Lease Issue

Got a spot open yet? I’m interested and follow directions

Comment

That’s the reason I don’t allow guests on our ranch period! Never understood why people pay for a lease to bring guests up and ruin it for everyone!

Comment

Don’t sound like OP is 100 %certain the elk was killed by said guest. Hypothetical won’t stand up in court...but the landowner can get rid of you all for mistrust.

Comment

Das boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
                        Elk?? The guy comes in as a guest and kills an ELK?? Is place high fenced, or ??? This could be a big money screw up..... Not just kicked off, but ought to be a financial penalty, too. Thought maybe we were talking a fox or javelina or axis. This is serious and he needs to know he possibly screwed 11 other guys out of a lease....
                        Agreed...an ELK??!

I too was thinking axis or maybe even a black buck...but an ELK??!

If I'm LO...he gone & I'm looking into several legal options.

Comment

I manage our lease and meet with the guys before every season to make sure we all understand the rules. The rules help us maintain a great lease and a good relationship with the landowner. If one of the guys intentionally or consistently does something that goes against what we've agreed on I'd ask him to leave. The rest of the group is counting on me to maintain a good place to hunt and are all paying dues to do so.
                          Sounds like you already have an idea of what needs to be done. Good luck!

Comment

He’s gone and the guest needs to pay restitution to the LO or the LO should turn him over to game warden for poaching.

Comment

I would think he would get the boot quick fast and in a hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lease Issue

BYE!

1. was the lease member with his guest? If so he let his guest shoot the elk.. GONE

2. Simple if he was not with his guest, GONE

Last edited by TalonErickson7; 12-16-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X