Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
    Romo has taking a beating and gotten right back up hit after hit throughout his career. The guy is tough as nails. Not many players play with broken backs or collar bones. Him getting hurt from a stiff wind is just one of many myths about a guy that's been a top 6 or 7 QB in the NFL for a decade.
    Even an aggie can see the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
      It's hard to block 7 people and the Eagles bet on that and for most of the night it worked. The dbs were doing a pretty stout job on Witten and beasley for most of the night too. But they also dropped multiple interceptions. Dak made 4-5 horrible throws and 3-4 terrible decisions to throw like the one to williams in the corner of the endzone when he was on the ground and smothered. I'm glad he stepped it up in OT and even though I would start Romo, I think Dak is better than he played last night. He looked off for most of the game, mentally. I'm not using that to say Romo should start because I think Romo should start regardless. I'm saying it to Dak's credit. I think he played horrible, but he's much much better than that.

That question was tongue in cheek and a little sarcastic..

Comment

I'm watching the game again tonight... I just saw the "fake punt" again and I agree I don't think that was a called play by Garrett. I think Jones saw that it was gonna be blocked and just took off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
          I'm watching the game again tonight... I just saw the "fake punt" again and I agree I don't think that was a called play by Garrett. I think Jones saw that it was gonna be blocked and just took off!

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post

Jones has some speed for a punter!

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post

He was hauling butt!!! I rewound it and watched it 4 times!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
                Haha,this! I hate the cowboys and have been hoping they put Romo back in the ruin the season. I am from Philly and was there last night for the heart break, but cowboys played terrible and just got lucky.

I don't hate the Eagles at all, just their fans........ Go Cowboys!

Comment

Don't look now, but the Cowboys are only behind the Patriots in standings in the NFL. Of course as has been proven that can all change in two weeks.

Comment

He was an accomplished RB in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
                      [ATTACH]822428[/ATTACH]
                      lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                        He was an accomplished RB in high school.
                        Did not know that! He can fly LOL!

Comment

You're right-the Cowboys didn't play well last night and STILL beat the Eagles. What does that tell you about the Eagles?
                          Eagles Suck! for $500 Bob.

What did I win?

Comment

Again, go back and show me where. I'm not saying he never threw an ill-timed interception, but if you'll do the research you'll see how great he has been in those same situations. Here are some facts about romo.

Third highest qb rating in nfl history
                            10th highest playoff qb rating in nfl history
                            Highest 4th quarter qb rating in nfl history
                            Fourth highest qb rating in nfl history in the last two minutes of games
                            More game winning drives than anyone in the span of his career
                            Since 2014 is 15-4 and leads the nfl in completion percentage, yards per attempt, and qb rating.
                            2013: 8-8 record with the third worst defense in nfl history

You also said he would "ruin the season". No one can defend that statement. Not even a Philly fan.
                            I just can't seem to figure out the QB rating arguement, I mean if you look at the list Matt Shaub is #15 all time and ahead of Favre, Elway, Marino and may others that were greats and HOF QBs. I never heard anyone on here yelling how great he is and that Houston lost their spectacular QB. Sure Romo isn't a terrible talent QB, I can't ignore his "awesome stats". But obviously there are a lot of people who do not like him as a QB for the cowboys and believe his time is very limited now. I am one of the folks that used to watch the cowboys just to see how bad "the team" could screw it up in the end. Sometimes it was the team effort, sometimes it was Romo effort. The cowboys now have a rookie QB that is doing his part to help the team in ways that Romo can't, sure experience is great to have but I wouldn't trade 36yo experience with injury prone over a mobile youngster who has shown he can get the job done. Just for old times, I really hope that Romo starts the first game he is available and flops terribly. Watching the cowboys is exciting again for me at least, I have actually been rooting for them this year because of Dak.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                              I just can't seem to figure out the QB rating arguement, I mean if you look at the list Matt Shaub is #15 all time and ahead of Favre, Elway, Marino and may others that were greats and HOF QBs. I never heard anyone on here yelling how great he is and that Houston lost their spectacular QB. Sure Romo isn't a terrible talent QB, I can't ignore his "awesome stats". But obviously there are a lot of people who do not like him as a QB for the cowboys and believe his time is very limited now. I am one of the folks that used to watch the cowboys just to see how bad "the team" could screw it up in the end. Sometimes it was the team effort, sometimes it was Romo effort. The cowboys now have a rookie QB that is doing his part to help the team in ways that Romo can't, sure experience is great to have but I wouldn't trade 36yo experience with injury prone over a mobile youngster who has shown he can get the job done. Just for old times, I really hope that Romo starts the first game he is available and flops terribly. Watching the cowboys is exciting again for me at least, I have actually been rooting for them this year because of Dak.
                              I didn't mean to say qb rating is the only thing that matters. I'm using it to say that people have no basis for saying he would ruin a season or even lose any of the games the cowboys have played. News flash: they had the exact same record at this point in the 2014 season with essentially the same offensemail but with Romo, but with the 17th ranked defense. Not the 7th like this year. Would they be 6-1 with a defense that's ten spots worse this year? Probably not. Take away Sean Lee's performance and the Eagles win that game.

I guess what you mean by saying Dak can do things Romo can't do would be his running ability? I agree. But that's the only thing. And if people would realize that they would be a lot more realistic. But people are using the team's success to portray Dak as some kind of hero and that becomes their excuse for finally getting rid of Romo, when in fact they've had no definitive reason to bash Romo to begin with. People are quick to forget that the last time Romo was playing he was an mvp candidate.

Peyton was throwing the ball like a high school qb last year but Denver still started him over Osweiler and he won the superbowl. Experience matters in the playoffs. And assuming Romo's back is ok, he's physically a lot better off than Peyton was last year. (No, I'm not saying Romo is Peyton lol calm down people)

Comment

Again, go back and show me where. I'm not saying he never threw an ill-timed interception, but if you'll do the research you'll see how great he has been in those same situations. Here are some facts about romo.

Third highest qb rating in nfl history
                                10th highest playoff qb rating in nfl history
                                Highest 4th quarter qb rating in nfl history
                                Fourth highest qb rating in nfl history in the last two minutes of games
                                More game winning drives than anyone in the span of his career
                                Since 2014 is 15-4 and leads the nfl in completion percentage, yards per attempt, and qb rating.
                                2013: 8-8 record with the third worst defense in nfl history

You also said he would "ruin the season". No one can defend that statement. Not even a Philly fan.
                                The guy is "supposed" to be one of the best in the league and has 2 playoff games wins to his name in his entire career. Put him out to pasture!

Comment

Working...
                                X