No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkeys just showed up on the private land I hunt last week but haven't seen or heard any on public yet. I think most of the public land is too thick for turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
      Turkeys just showed up on the private land I hunt last week but haven't seen or heard any on public yet. I think most of the public land is too thick for turkeys
      They are there. I have pics of some hens, and hear them durring deer season every year down there

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beararcher_84 View Post
        They are there. I have pics of some hens, and hear them durring deer season every year down there

I know they are around. I have called in several out there. I usually hear them out there just not this year. The areas I have been on this year are just too grown up with weeds from last year. I know where I could probably find some but not really worth the effort in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cstrey18 View Post
          I know they are around. I have called in several out there. I usually hear them out there just not this year. The areas I have been on this year are just too grown up with weeds from last year. I know where I could probably find some but not really worth the effort in my opinion.
          Gotcha

Comment

Gotcha

Gobblers should be close by.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Gobblers should be close by.
              Yep. Gonna start here with my slate and mouth calls. See what struts in lol

Comment

Grandbury gates are flowing. Same rate as the last three or 4 weekends.

Comment

Grandbury gates are flowing. Same rate as the last three or 4 weekends.
                  Letting water down stream?

Comment

Yep. 440 something cfs. Very low compared to what they could do. Usually have a slushy gate open at that rate. But it's enough to make a difference in flow rate on the river to where there is enough current to keep a boat from sitting in one spot till you get down on the top end of Whitney. And with it running for 3 days, it helps keep Grandbury and Whitney lake levels steady. Although Whitney dose loose a tremendous amount of water to evaporation very rapidly.

Comment

Well, ACE shut Grandbury down. Must heard me talking about it.

Comment

Yep. 440 something cfs. Very low compared to what they could do. Usually have a slushy gate open at that rate. But it's enough to make a difference in flow rate on the river to where there is enough current to keep a boat from sitting in one spot till you get down on the top end of Whitney. And with it running for 3 days, it helps keep Grandbury and Whitney lake levels steady. Although Whitney dose loose a tremendous amount of water to evaporation very rapidly.
                        Ahhh ok. Im new to all that

Comment

Ahhh ok. Im new to all that

No problem. Not everybody keeps up with it like I do. I do just cause I like to know what it's all doing. I've spent a lot of years down there. And I like to see how it affects things next. Most folk don't pay any attention to it. Only the places it affects when/once they get there.

Comment

Im always up to learning new things,things to improve my hunts,shooting my bow. Im still very new at this hunting game,didnt grow up in it and this fall will only be my 4th hunting season

Comment

After Easter weekend its time for me to run the river and look for catfish. Im going to need some tips T.G. .

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                                After Easter weekend its time for me to run the river and look for catfish. Im going to need some tips T.G. .

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Working...
                                X