Looking for elk appetizer recipies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for elk appetizer recipies

Got any cut and need some ideas for appetizers. Stuffed Jalaps come to mind but that's all I got. I don't have a slicer so carpaccio is out.

Ive looked very briefly through mywildkitchen but haven't spent much time on it.

Meatballs is always an easy one. I'm a really big fan of game empanadas (and meat pies), and though I've never made them, you could do stuffed mushrooms.

Comment

Check out Steve Renella's Meat Eater site. Tons of recipes.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

The other night I took some tenderized elk steaks and put boudin inside, rolled them up and wrapped with bacon. Cooked on the grill until the bacon was done and they were a big hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

appetizers

A few things come to mind when thinking about appetizers... I posted a link below to my crab rolls using thinly sliced ribeye but elk would work great. I bought the ribeye thinly sliced but you can slice it by hand and hit it with a meat mallet if it's not thin enough. Another appetizer idea would yakitori. Its skewers of thinly sliced meat that has many marinated in soy, sugar, garlic ect... I posted a pic and a link to a recipe below. I prefer to slice the meat a lot thinner than what is shown in the pic. It makes for quick cooking and keeps the meat tender and juicy.

Here's a simple yet delicious Japanese Chicken Yakitori recipe we're sure you'll love! It's the best!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X