No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only have a few rigs turning to the right.

Comment

Going out in the field tomorrow...enjoying the training but this cat is not wired for inside sales. It will be a good break.

My tech buddies in the shop have been to Oman & in Trinidad now for overhauls and such...biz is slow but we are staying busy.

Chin up gents...

Comment

Surviving.

Comment

Hit us a little later than most but it is here. Cinched down and holding for a long slow period.

Comment

Still making it. One month will be decent then the next is a bust. Sure miss those nice commission checks. I'm glad I put that extra money in the savings account.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
              We are still hanging on. We are cutting our workers but not laying off. As people quit they are not replacing them and are transferring people around. They cut our full time pickups but we now have pool trucks. I drive my truck the first day of shift and drive a pool truck after.
              There are a few rigs running. Enervest, lenorman, and unit are still drilling. Chesapeake, apache, eog, and Samson are doing nothing. I don't think they are even fixing stuff as it breaks. They just shut the well in.
              There are 9 Samson wells on the place I live and i think all 9 are shut in.
              Not sure where you are that Apache and EOG are doing nothing, but apache is still keeping us busy as heck in College Station and same with EOG in south TX. Obviously not like it used to be, but we're still doing fine on the artificial lift side of things. I've noticed it the most with the smaller operators who are just about shutting their doors. The next few months may get dicey, but tough times don't last, only tough people do. Prove yourselves to your company So you're the last resort when it comes to lay offs. I drove 2017 miles in the last 5 days, and worked 73.5 hours. I won't be out worked no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                There are 9 Samson wells on the place I live and i think all 9 are shut in.
                Probably because they are filing bankruptcy....

Comment

Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
                  Not sure where you are that Apache and EOG are doing nothing, but apache is still keeping us busy as heck in College Station and same with EOG in south TX. Obviously not like it used to be, but we're still doing fine on the artificial lift side of things. I've noticed it the most with the smaller operators who are just about shutting their doors. The next few months may get dicey, but tough times don't last, only tough people do. Prove yourselves to your company So you're the last resort when it comes to lay offs. I drove 2017 miles in the last 5 days, and worked 73.5 hours. I won't be out worked no matter what.
                  They've both slowed down drilling a whole lot. Even the W Tx stuff that was gonna keep going Apache is dropping to 2 possibly even 1 rig by end of the year.

Your end will just see it later than us

Comment

Just got home 2 days ago from a 32 day well. Worked 21 days before that and had 4 days off in between. Gonna enjoy these 2 weeks off for rig move and while they drill surface and vertical.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                      Just got home 2 days ago from a 32 day well. Worked 21 days before that and had 4 days off in between. Gonna enjoy these 2 weeks off for rig move and while they drill surface and vertical.
                      Im babysitting just sitting here on the books while they drill surface and vertical and won't even pick up my tools unless it takes off on them which it shouldn't

Comment

We have picked up a couple rigs in the last month. A lot of penny pinching and a lot of office folk losing their jobs, but we are steady drilling. Supposed to pick up another before the new year. I'm using three different directional vendors now and I'm trying to keep my core group together. I've had to get a couple guys to switch companies to keep them busy. I had one of my guys decide he was going to push back about every decision on the well we are finishing up. His performance has always been par at best, but he's an experienced guy who I've thought had plenty potential. Well after this well he will no longer be on my rig. He will have to hope his company can find him another operator to work for. I have too many solid DD's eager to work.

Comment

Glad to see tall guys still hanging around. I am so far and hopefully picking up a little more this week and next.

Comment

After being laid off in March I went to work driving a truck hauling milk.
                            One day out the blue I get a text from a friend offering me a dispatch position for better money. I took it and have t looked back. We stay busy enough to keep 50+ frac sand trucks busy. When most of the guys are out of town, I get to haul local loads and make extra money. It's a win win for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                              Probably because they are filing bankruptcy....
                              I heard they may be.
                              Originally posted by ANSCAG View Post
                              I'm in the eastern panhandle. I hear apache is still drilling north of amarillo but they are not doing much on the east side.
                              You are right about making yourself valuable. My dad is a consultant and started feeling the heat when the company he works for let go of all other consultants except for him. He studied up on the quad z stuff and is taking care of all the flares in his area. The company he consults for got hit hard by the epa for not running flares so he keeps up with flare reports and fixes flares when they are down. He only works 3 days a week now but it's better than nothing.
                              Last edited by coldgas; 09-15-2015, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusBodeen View Post
                                After being laid off in March I went to work driving a truck hauling milk.

One day out the blue I get a text from a friend offering me a dispatch position for better money. I took it and have t looked back. We stay busy enough to keep 50+ frac sand trucks busy. When most of the guys are out of town, I get to haul local loads and make extra money. It's a win win for me.

Glad to see you're doing well with the new gig!
                                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X