Time to change the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    Yessir, I hear you. In the confines of the lease, probably no issue if you contact the warden. Cross a property line, whole nuther story.
    I thought you couldn't cross property lines without LO consent no matter what county you are in. Trespassing is trespassing. So, why is that even a factor when it comes to using a dog to track?

Comment

Great pic! Lol.... agree law needs to he changed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
        Good guess

You are getting on at the right time. The difference of them adding good genetics over the last 3-4 years has been amazing. I would bet that there will be a 200" deer shot there soon. I hunted there for a few years but with the kids getting older I just couldn't afford it. I sure miss it though. We still have a ton of friends out there and I will come hang out from time to time. I look forward to meeting you.

Comment

Dream lease and nachogdoches man never thought I’d hear that... especially from a man that’s hunted all over

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            Pretty much....but?
            But what? You play golf with the game warden every Sunday and confess your sins? You think they drive down the county road and have a vision that someone is in the woods at that moment tracking a deer and they go investigate? Or go sit in the woods at a certain spot knowing that in an hour a wounded deer is soon to be coming through with a Hunter with a tracking dog is soon to follow?

I feel like your post was somewhat agreeing with mine so there’s a lot of sarcasm in that.

$5,000.00 fine plus most likely kicked off the lease.

I'm not even sure how the law works.
            Can they fine me for having a dog in my camp? Truck ? Ranger with a dead deer in the back ?
            If you are on a high fenced lease that large, surely you would have some caring and like minded hunters that would know that you aren’t doing anything but recovering a wounded animal and shouldn’t have an issue supporting you recovering that animal. You would have my support and I would have your side if it went far enough to the lease manager to have to make that decision.

I don’t see how they could fine you for any of that unless they walked up on you in the woods in pursuit of the animal. My dog goes everywhere I go in the ranger, if I kill a deer I will more than likely need help loading it therefore I will need to go to the house to get help, and the dog would be going as well.

Comment

Walking your dog not illegal as stated earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                Won’t happen until you get the landowners in those counties on board but here are the guys at TPWD to contact:

Mitch.Lockwood@tpwd.texas.gov
                Clayton.Wolf@tpwd.texas.gov

Send them an email and let them know it’s important to you.

Buff, your landowners would be a good place to start. The Hayters have to have some pull in the county.

Comment

$5,000.00 fine plus most likely kicked off the lease.

I'm not even sure how the law works.
                  Can they fine me for having a dog in my camp? Truck ? Ranger with a dead deer in the back ?
                  I can tell you how it works in Newton County...the burden of proof is on you, not the wardens.

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                      I thought you couldn't cross property lines without LO consent no matter what county you are in. Trespassing is trespassing. So, why is that even a factor when it comes to using a dog to track?
                      Well, there was a big argument about this several months back. It was a doosey.

Comment

The game warden can not give you permission to break the law, even if it is a silly law
                        True....

Comment

It is an emotional support animal. If you do not find the wounded deer you could go into a severe state of depression. It is vital to your well being.

Comment

East. Texas.
                            Last edited by Neck; 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                              The problem in those counties especially Newton County is some folks think it is their God given right to run deer with dogs anywhere they want to and they ruin it for those who own tracking dogs.
                              not just newton county, this thinking still runs very deep in hardin, tyler and jasper counties,,,,

I have a boxer that loves to track,,, I use him on my property for hogs,, every time I shoot one if he does not drop I let the boxer find him, even if I see him fall a short distance away, mostly because he seems to enjoy it

Comment

Buff, you didn't get on the Hayter lease did you? That is the only place I know of that would be high fenced with that many acres in Nacogdoches county.

Comment

Working...
                                X