No announcement yet.

Tundra or Chevy PU and why??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a die hard GMC guy, been that way for 40 years, have not had a reason to look elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
      Tundra gets terrible ratings compared to the Chevy and Ford. I personally drive and love the Ford.
      Is the an opinion or fact? I have never heard this before. Lol

Btw I would go for the Tundra. I owned a Chevy Z71 years ago and it fell apart at 80k. I have owned 4 Toyotas and each has been very reliable and all but my current one had over 200k miles.

Comment

chevy cause im a man..

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
          Tundra, I’ve been through 2 chevys (5.3) my 2 buddies still on their original tundras with no problems. They out pulled me out ran me only thing that was close was gas mileage. I would give a 6.0 a shot if I found one.
          Things would have been different with the 6.2 & 6 or 8 speed combo! You would have done everything faster with better fuel mileage to boot.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
            Things would have been different with the 6.2 & 6 or 8 speed combo! You would have done everything faster with better fuel mileage to boot.

What about wheel assemblies, instrument panel and lifters in the 6.0 or 6.2? Any of that improved?

Comment

6.0 is not a VVT or AFM engine. We have 2 that are, a 2015 6.2 truck and a 2017 5.3 Tahoe. We have not had an issue with either AFM or VVT on either. I have never had an issue with the other parts mentioned on these, or previous GM products.

Everyone is aware that some early VVT/AFM 5.3's would eat a cam. I really have not heard of it happening in a newer LS based engine. If you buy used and are worried just go ahead and delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                6.0 is not a VVT or AFM engine. We have 2 that are, a 2015 6.2 truck and a 2017 5.3 Tahoe. We have not had an issue with either AFM or VVT on either. I have never had an issue with the other parts mentioned on these, or previous GM products.

Everyone is aware that some early VVT/AFM 5.3's would eat a cam. I really have not heard of it happening in a newer LS based engine. If you buy used and are worried just go ahead and delete it.

I will follow that up, you can buy a 5.3 reman longblock for the price of tundra heads. Also, if you are mechanicly inclined a gm engine can be changed in your driveway with a buddy and a few beers. Plan a few more days, more money and a cussing friend for the same on a Toyota.

Comment

Tundra all the way

Comment

Tundra has horrible mileage. If you're considering Tundra, don't compare it to a half ton domestic, compare it to a 3/4 ton gasser. Not because the Tundra is more like a 3/4 ton, but because its' FUEL EFFICIENCY is like a 3/4 ton. I'd rather have a 3/4 ton gas guzzlin' Chevy than a 1/2 ton gas guzzlin' Tundra...

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Had a tundra, and went to a 3/4 ton Chevy. My main complaints were parts price and bed size on the tundra. I think Chevy has more comfortable seats, but I miss the crew max cab space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2017 Tundra SR5 4x4 automatic with big V8 and I get 16-17 hwy and 12-14 pulling 21' Bassboat. Worst mileage ive gotten is 10-12 in 4 wheel drive climbing hills at deer lease. Pulls like a champ! Mileage is better than my 2013 Tundra and bigger gas tank. That saying I have Pro fishing friends driving the Chevy 2500 Duramax and swear by it!!

Comment

Well let's see.

99 Chevy 3/4 ton 290,000 miles
                            03 Chevy 3/4 ton 308,000 when I sunk it in the ocean
                            08 Chevy 1/2 ton 314,000 mile and still going
                            08 Wifes 1/2 ton 140,000 miles still like brand new
                            15 GMC 1/2 ton 98,000 trouble free miles

I guess a Tundra would be better than a POS Ford.

Comment

Chevrolet with a 6.0 , my 5.3 gets terrible mileage

Comment

No experience with Tundra’s. 3 - 1500 Chevy’s and 2 - 2500 Duramax Diesel.

Drove them all to 240-280K and no major problems. Normal maintenance...replaced electric window parts in one.

Comment

Working...
                                X