X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a fan of good looking lever guns

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
      Picked this up from local gun collector.

This is the ad:

Pre cross bolt safety Marlin 336RC originally chambered in 35 Remington

(one of my favorite hunting calibers).

Rechambered to 356 Winchester by Regan Nooneman, new bolt installed. Lace on butt pad, Montana leather sling.

Will try this for my Balcones Wildlife Refuge in early November.

Owner said it was late 50's born date but I believe it is from 1968 (Serial # AD70844).

Excited about my new hunting rifle.
      Sweet lever gun!
      I’ll be hunting the first adult weekend in Nov. at Balcones. I’ll be the freakishly tall guy. I haven’t decided on which gun to take yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
        Sweet lever gun!
        I’ll be hunting the first adult weekend in Nov. at Balcones. I’ll be the freakishly tall guy. I haven’t decided on which gun to take yet.
        Ill be there nov 8-10.

Comment

While elk hunting this week, I stopped at Mountain Tactical in Bozeman and picked up an aluminum mag for my Tikka T3 7mm Rem Mag. No store, just the front office of a machine shop. Great folks, owner Jason sure knows his firearms and Tikkas specifically. Nicely done, machined from aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
            Picked this up from local gun collector.

This is the ad:

Pre cross bolt safety Marlin 336RC originally chambered in 35 Remington

(one of my favorite hunting calibers).

Rechambered to 356 Winchester by Regan Nooneman, new bolt installed. Lace on butt pad, Montana leather sling.

Will try this for my Balcones Wildlife Refuge in early November.

Owner said it was late 50's born date but I believe it is from 1968 (Serial # AD70844).

Excited about my new hunting rifle.
            I have the same rifle from 1972. When I picked up beginning of this year it was still new in the box. It shoots the Leverevolution really well. What is the advantage of the 356 Winchester over the 35 Remington.

I also picked this Kimber up Last week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Difference is the energy. 356 is over the 35 Remington.

Also pressures are different. 356 is at about 50k CUP and 35 Remington is at about 35k CUP.

I ordered 356 ammo this week on Gunbroker and should have it by the end of the week.

Range report will follow.

Comment

Building a Gatling Gun from scratch. Its 75% complete and turning out sweet (22cal)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gatling Gun-2 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	24555699

Comment

Not today, but a couple weeks ago I bought an Old Model Ruger Super Blackhawk (three screw) with a four digit serial number. It's a shooter too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by davidamfan View Post
                    Building a Gatling Gun from scratch. Its 75% complete and turning out sweet (22cal)

[ATTACH]927787[/ATTACH]
                    Is there a build thread on this either on TBH or another site?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Colt Sporter HBAR in very mint condition.

Replaced Hand guard with original Vietnam era tri hand guard.

Last pic is showing comparison from my Colt SP1.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry! no build thread.

Comment

Picked up a super clean Citori White Lightning /28"/.410. Can't wait to take her out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

1st Gen Colt SAA in 45 Colt black powder from 1876. Ejector housings replaced. Ivory grips.

Got the gun today and very happy. Even the cylinder is serialed to the gun.

Only thing odd is I has 5 clicks vs 4. It has a double click on #4 which I am calling 4/5.

I compared the hammer pull to my 1911 SAA and the 1911 SAA is a lot heavier vs the 1876 pull.

Now I need to get some 45 colt black powder ammo.
                            Attached Files

Comment

What gun did you buy today?

Wow. I checked the Colt web site and indeed it was made in 1876. I’d love to have an opportunity to fire a classic like that.

If only it could tell some stories of it’s travels for the past 142 years.

Comment

Taurus Raging Bull 454 Casull. It was made in 1998. I’ve wanted one of these since they came out in 1997. Finally scratched that itch!

I have some 300gr hollow points and a watermelon for deer camp fun this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X