No announcement yet.

How high in the air is your deer stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5 inches, blinds set on a 2X4 frame with plywood!

Comment

All of my stands are 4 to 5 foot off the ground.

Comment

I think our couple of blinds are 8-12ft from floor to ground

Comment

10' with rails and I still have Hell getting in it..so, daughter in law hunts it more than I do. I'm still in the process of deciding on a 4x6 to mount on a extra trailer with ramp so I can move it to the various senderos we have on our place.

Comment

Depends on how high I climb. One of my favorite places in the national forest I can only climb about 12 feet. Any higher and I can't see anything. In the pine plantations I will climb 25 feet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a rifle stand that's on a ten foot platform. It's up on the hill so I can see a long ways.

When I'm bowhunting my setup is on the ground (at the bottom of the hill mentioned above). Not near as much of a view as the rifle stand but it still works pretty darn good. When my kids are with me we generally hunt here even if using a rifle because it's a lot closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                Doug, you might want to anchor that line closer down the rebar at the ground. Had a guy on my lease do that. The cows rubbed on it and loosened it up enough that it went kaboom during a big wind.

Matt

I will take your advise next trip down South. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My bow stands are between 7 and 10 feet off the ground. High enough to have a clean shot over the feeder pen fence, and be in the bushy part of the tree for cover. Not many trees in edwards county that are super tall, so a lot of height doesn't make much sense.

For box blinds, if you're more than a foot or two off the ground, you can't see anywhere but to the feeder most of the time. There's a few spots that towers would make sense, but not very many.

Comment

Box blind is 10 foot and tripod is 12 foot

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Pretty sure he was talking deer stands not duck blinds
                      looks like a place I use to hunt in Fannin Co. whenever Bois d'Arc creek flooded.

Comment

Working...
                      X