Possible option to prevent gun violence on school campuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buff View Post
    If they would drag that kid out in front of the court house and hang him in the nearest oak tree, leave him hanging until the crows had picked his bones clean, it would give the next useless thug something to ponder.
    Yep. It’s time to get extreme with how we handle these oxygen thiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
      If they would drag that kid out in front of the court house and hang him in the nearest oak tree, leave him hanging until the crows had picked his bones clean, it would give the next useless thug something to ponder.
      Set them on fire before they find the end of the wire rope. Let them know what hell is going to feel like before they arrive in a few moments.....put that on youtube for all to see, maybe just maybe the parents would cringe at the though of that happening to their child and try to change things at home where the problem started in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
        Can u get a gun into an airport? Very hard. It's sad, but schools need to be set up the same. The only way I see it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
        I walked around in a major airport this week for an hour or more with a concealed handgun.

It wasn’t so hard. I walked in the front door.

Comment

We are here again aren't we? After Parkland, I posted here with thoughts on ways to make the changes and fund them. I got absolutely hammered for it. I have nothing further to add, except...

It is time to put up or shut up. How many of us assembled outside our kids or grandkids schools after the most recent shooting and demanded action in the form of "hardening our schools"? Becuase it is time to stop *****-footing around and demand it happen.

Anything of value demands protection. We guard our money like it is the most important thing in the world. Well, it isn't.

The kids are going to assmeble and demand gun control. Hell, Boulder Colorado has recently banned the sale of assault rifles and high capacity magazines, with an order that owners must register theirs by a certain date. Don't think it can't happen, it already is. Anyone with a lick of common sense knows it's not the gun, it's the person.

We cannot fix bad parenting by other folks. We cannot make them seek religion. We cannot stop bad people from trying to do bad things. All we can do is make it more difficult for them and ensure they get an immediate consequence in the form of armed personnel who will immediately engage and eliminate the threat.

Comment

Teachers have no need packing guns...good grief they have enough to watch over. There needs to be personal and policy in place that checks every person going in...it really isn’t that hard an symptom to stop.

What do you do when they pull up and open fire on the line to get in school?

Have a resource officer there with a long gun ready to engage...

As long as the gun is to blame society will miss the mark on addressing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

As long as the gun is to blame society will miss the mark on addressing the issue.

Tried many times to post something of value but I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Teachers have no need packing guns...good grief they have enough to watch over. There needs to be personal and policy in place that checks every person going in...it really isn’t that hard an symptom to stop.

What do you do when they pull up and open fire on the line to get in school?

Have a resource officer there with a long gun ready to engage...

It depends on the teacher. No one is advocating they be forced to carry them. But if they have the sheepdog mentality and want to do it, why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any of you guys over 40, tell me how many school shootings we had growing up and I’ll show you kids who had the fear of God and schools who still allowed him through the front door. If they don’t let God back in, they’ll never get the evil out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    It depends on the teacher. No one is advocating they be forced to carry them. But if they have the sheepdog mentality and want to do it, why not?
                    Mikey, I heard a report The very teacher next door to the art room when it all started was a former Marine...he locked down his class and saved his students, but suspect he could have very well neutralized the situation on the front end if the law had allowed!!

Comment

Agreed...probably close to 60 teachers on my wife’s camps....not a one that needs to be packing. No way a teacher would be able to watch 27 screaming crying kids and be able to make appropriate decisions....the wrong person gets popped and that teacher is hung out to dry.

Arming teachers is not the answer in my opinion...prevention should start at the front door...but that’s just my opinion.

Man get have been a few parents get it this past year with the way they acting

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                        A system needs to be put in place to ensure no weapons make their way onto school campuses. I dont have all the answers. Im not that smart. I just like to point out the obvious with hopes of raising awareness.

My response wasn’t warranted the way is was presented and I apologize.

My point was really meant to be more along the lines of guns are already illegal as is murder/attempted murder. More laws/restrictions on law abiding folks won’t fix this.

What has more of a chance of fixing it is to get rid of all these feel good gun free zones and start arming qualified people on these campuses.

Generally just get rid of all of these nut job liberal policies and ideologies that abound these days. It’s making our society worse, not better.

Comment

I have never understood the “they have enough to worry about” stance.

What are they worried about when they hear gunshots in the hallway?

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            Can u get a gun into an airport? Very hard. It's sad, but schools need to be set up the same. The only way I see it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                            Airport monitoring systems also stops knives, pointed metal objects, small pocket knifes, nail clippers, clubs, harmful liquids, and all others items designed to cause harm.

Don't understand why there would be opposition to this type of monitoring system when it is already accepted throughout society.

Comment

Great points Blake. So many issues, no single answer. My emotional response is to hang the SOB in public, but that just fuels the fire. I am convinced that private schools that get security right will thrive in the future. This is a long term problem that will take a huge amount of effort.
                              Some key issues:
                              Absentee parents (guilty). Divorce, lack of moral character, and or the need for both parents to work are some of the things that drive this.
                              Lack of focus on school curriculum that matters (respect for others, consequences of your actions, effort is an equalizer,) you know, things taught in Sunday school.
                              A media that sensationalizes evil and makes a mockery of character.
                              Potential solutions:
                              Prayer, we need more of it.
                              Armed teachers. Yes there are some that would qualify and should be encouraged to carry.
                              School marshals like air marshals. Costs money, what do we give up?
                              Outreach programs for at risk kids.
                              Frank discussions about mental health, and overmedication of our children.
                              Political accountability, elected officials find solutions or be fired.
                              Law enforcement being able to do their job. Quit tying their hands.
                              Did I mention prayer?
                              Ultimately you cant stop it, but you can lesson the opportunity and the overall carnage.
                              God bless all of those affected by this senseless crap.
                              Last edited by Txbownut; 05-20-2018, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I was bullied a lot when I was in middle school and high school but I had no access to a firearm, zero access.

Comment

Working...
                                X