Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawakoni WMA

What say you, worth a look?

The deer and hogs are there, but so are the crazy people. From what I have heard the bucks that are seen there are pretty nice ones. I hunted one time and put up a camera for a couple of days, when I came back it was gone. And then while hunting I saw 3 people walk thru my setup still hunting. They were making a ton of noise and weren't going to see anything walking thru like they were. And all three of them walked within 30 yards of my popup and didn't care that they were ruining my hunt. Haven't been back since.

Comment

Which place. There are 3 in that area. Duck cove, caddo creek and lone oak I believe. I hunted caddo creek. 162 acres and show some nice bucks there. I'll attach a pic of the ones I shot there.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
        Which place. There are 3 in that area. Duck cove, caddo creek and lone oak I believe. I hunted caddo creek. 162 acres and show some nice bucks there. I'll attach a pic of the ones I shot there.
        those are studs for public land, heck any land in general!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
          The deer and hogs are there, but so are the crazy people. From what I have heard the bucks that are seen there are pretty nice ones. I hunted one time and put up a camera for a couple of days, when I came back it was gone. And then while hunting I saw 3 people walk thru my setup still hunting. They were making a ton of noise and weren't going to see anything walking thru like they were. And all three of them walked within 30 yards of my popup and didn't care that they were ruining my hunt. Haven't been back since.
          your loss ,, Lots of good bucks in those areas people wont go to, just gotta be smarter than the locals

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
            your loss ,, Lots of good bucks in those areas people wont go to, just gotta be smarter than the locals
            I've got better public land to hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
              people often overlook those smaller parcels that 162 acres is loaded with nice bucks

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                I've got better public land to hunt
                ya but you may not draw that tag every season, Twak is a sleeper honey hole i love it when guys downtalk it Please stay away LOL ill hunt there anytime !

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                  ya but you may not draw that tag every season, Twak is a sleeper honey hole i love it when guys downtalk it Please stay away LOL ill hunt there anytime !
                  Lol yup. I know of quite a few sleeper spots!

Comment

Back in the day you wouldn't hear me speaking a word about that 162 acres lol

Comment

I've hunted Twak/Caddo Creek some, too many peeps walking around clueless during prime time. And that's pretty far back in there, too. YMMV...

Comment

Im new to public hunting, and plan on hunting around tawakoni, anybody got any advice me? any help is greatly appreciated!

Comment

Sounds to me like I would get as far away from the road as possible and set up before daylight and then let the day walking yahoos run a deer drive back to you. Hunt all day because deer will be bump from the hunters going in and out.

Comment

I was thinking about trying the smaller unit off of 34 outside of quinlan, anybody hunted or plan on hunting there?

Comment

I remember hearing a Banjo play, while fishing at night at that place, crazy folks but good fishing hole, not sure about hunting tho.

Comment

Working...
                              X