No announcement yet.

Does anybody shoot 6mm remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a Rem. 600 mohawk in 6mm that has a youth stock I built on it... a BUNCH of kids have their first kills with it... even one or two of Chew's boys... It's a tack driver with 100gr. Hornady Spire point flat base and 44 gr. of IMR4350... The newer Hornady manuals don't show a load that hot, but the old one I have does. Been shooting that load for over 40 years... been the death of many, many animals. First 700 BDL I bought was at Grant Ilsing and cost $114.00 brand new in the box and I got to pick out which one I wanted to get the good wood... It was a 6mm too and actually the gun I worked up that load with. When remington changed the barrel twist on the .244 Remington and renamed it 6mm Rem., they instantly had a winner of a caliber... Funny thing now is some of their new rifles they offer the .243 Win and NOT the 6mm... Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
      If it shoots the Sierra 100 SBT like that, then it is all you need. Good bullet, I wouldn't look any further.
      This ^^^

Comment

[quote=Jakesfish;12708411]
        Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
        Mine does to. It also like the Remington Core Loks as well, I got a smokin deal on about 200 rounds in the Classifieds a while back!

After you got the new stuff, I found about 150 rounds of handloads in a box 2 weeks ago, lol...
        I am still unpacking ammo. now up to 6 -30 gal totes of ammo from the estate..
        If you come across any more factory Remington please let me know!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

My new ranch rifle is a 6mmAI.

Comment

I have been shooting the 6mm Rem since 1974. I have put it down since I have discovered the 6.5 Gren.

Comment

I'm waiting for a Remington 600/660 to show up in 6mm---would be my go-to hog rifle.

Comment

Working...
              X